130w CFL- Veg to Harvest- anyone have success?

I have spent a little bit of time trying to find a post on anyone who has successfully done a veg to harvest grow using only a 130W CFL- I have spent time on the net trying to find a single actual log on this subject and have found absolutely 0 reports on anyone using a single 130W CFL globe.

I have read reports on multiple hoods with 20w globes but never a single 130w globe?--- 

If you have ever done this I am highly interested to hear your report-

thank you.

I'm using T5 fluro and others use cfls works fine in veg. I have found T5 give better spread of light and less intense heat for small areas. You just need to use less concentrate of nutes when using these types of lights compared to hps. Hps is the best for flowering but I'm playing around with led cfl mixes. Edited by lookinggoodguys

I ran 3 x 130w cfls in a small tent from start to finish ( veg=2x veg +bloom cfl's & bloom=2x bloom + 1x veg cfl's )

i found heat a prob , again in a small tent 0.6 x 0.9 x 1.6m

you can't grow tall plants the cfl's won't penetrate deep enough

& don't expect to yield very much

as far as feeding go's if the pots light & soil is dry you feed if not you don't 

the only way to know mate is to dive in & give it a go , most of the net info is just that

people who just gave it a go & learnt what they learnt along the way, If you've been doing net research

you should have found by now that although there are the main ingredients to growing food, light & environment 

after that it's all individual stuff, there is a guy in the US that grows in 600ml coke bottles with a bunch of small cfl's

he get's a " Q " a plant growing a single stem bud , doesn't sound like much but think how much space would 100 600ml 

coke bottles take up , not much , how tall do they grow , not much , but a yield of 700g is not bad for a 1m x 1m x 1m wooden box ( not sure exact size but its small )

& he runs a perpetual grow as well

Good luck mate , 2 4 6 8 bog in don't wait 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1