EC reading, PH and Canna Coco nutes

Been doing a bit of reading aobut Canna A+B nutes for coco...

They seem to be very specific about EC readings and the amounts it should differ from your PH water

just wondering does anybody measure in this way and if so how do you go about it..my biggest hurdle is how to adjust it if it needs adjusting.. IE lowering or increasing the EC of the nutrients

Im a little lost when it comes to the conversion of it...

Edited by Midget

Measuring ur ec it to test how strong ur nutes are. So you start off with a bucket of water, check ur ec, mine is usually about .4. Then after adding both ur part a and part b of ur canma coco, give it a good stir n check ya ec again. Add more nutes till u get to where ya want to be. Ph'ing this solution will make sure all those nutrients are available to you plants.
  • Upvote 2

Measuring ur ec it to test how strong ur nutes are. So you start off with a bucket of water, check ur ec, mine is usually about .4. Then after adding both ur part a and part b of ur canma coco, give it a good stir n check ya ec again. Add more nutes till u get to where ya want to be. Ph'ing this solution will make sure all those nutrients are available to you plants.

OK this is what I dont get.

from their website:  start irrigating with CANNA COCO A&B with an EC of 0.7-1.2 mS/cm higher than the EC of the tap water.

How do you get it .07 - 1.2.higher.. is it just a matter of adding bit by bit till it comes to that reading?

Also do you PH your water first... I was told for coco have it a little higher..once you PH is right do you then add the nutes?

Edited by Midget

billygoat is spot on..

mix strong then add water to bring it down to the desired level.

measuring and adding extra nutrients is a lot more time consuming then turning the tap for a few seconds :D

you will need a ec test pen to check. its quite easy to adjust, just add a little water, stir then check. same with ph, get a test pen and a bottle of ph down.

my tap water comes out at 6.7ph, after I mix the nutes it brings it down to 6.0-6.1 ph. I have a premixed bottle of water with a little ph down in it (Ph down is very strong undiluted) and just a little dash of that brings it to around 5.7ph.

good to go :D

Errr no, you leave space in the bucket or whatever you mix in.. When i say strong i usually follow the recommended full strength doses, seems to get my ec around 2.1....

I am using a 2 part nute mix, cannazym, rhizo and cmx... Buggered if im putting a couple more mils of each till i get the ec right, waste of time.