First outdoor grow. How do you think I went?

Hey this are some pictures from my first grow and harvest. just wondering what you guys think of my results. it's didn't get very large only about 30-40 cm tall from soil height and a bit wider then it was tall. Used backyard leafy compost and good all in one compost aswell. I used monsta bud throughout the flowering period and harvested when I though was optimal after extense research. I should of used a bigger pot or in the ground, but hey what difference is it going to make now. If you guys can give me some tips on growing a better plant next season that would be great :)

post-54077-0-43996500-1397964705_thumb.jpg

post-54077-0-04103600-1397964851_thumb.jpg

post-54077-0-50623600-1397964895_thumb.jpg

post-54077-0-75555100-1397965054_thumb.jpg

post-54077-0-84747200-1397965225_thumb.jpg

just wondering what you guys think of my results.

I think you've done a lot better than many 1st timers  :yahoo: What time of year did you plant? seems it either didn't have much veg time or something else held it back in that state.

You say you used 'all in 1' compost. I think this is what you should be researching into improving in future as that all in 1 claim isn't quite accurate for best results. If you insist on sticking with the 'organic' route, then try mixing more good stuff into the soil, dolomite lime for pH correction will help a lot.

Personally i'd be looking at going the coco/perlite mix and using hydro nutes throughout. If going this route you will need to get a pH pen and correct the water you feed with.

Best of luck

Edited by ConvexConepiece

Hey , forgot to say I got around 1 1/2 - 2. 0z. I planted a bit late (start of November ). because my first one turned hermie(clone) so I cut that down and started again.

The compost I got was just a decent bag from the hardware shop cause I didn't want to mess around with my medium to much on my first grow. I thinking of using monsta bud again next time as I still have a few litres. Next time I will be keeping my ph in the desired range next time and will change medium to something lighter an airier like coco.

Also I used the supercropping method of tying down and bending etc. in your experience how effective is this and how often I should do it.

Made some wicked cannabutter out of my trim and a qtr of the bud

Nice buds for your first time.

A bigger pot will not hurt. Me, myself and I prefer to grow in the gound, with plenty of organics. I don't know your situation so you may be better off with a pot which, can be protected far easier than a plant in the ground. I use seaweed extract(unfortified) a lot during the grow stages through a spay bottle. Bueaty of unfortified seaweed is that it is virtually impossible to burn the plant, unless you go crazy, I mix to the colour of coke. In high heat your plant will only be taking in water and minimal amounts of food, so it is 90% more efficient to feed your plant foliar than through the roots. The seaweed is not high in nutrients, but has virtually every trace your plant needs, which leads to a healthier plant that is better equiped to fight bugs and desease, as well as preform to it's best. During flower times I use organic banna fertiliser, which is has N(good level), P(not a lot), K(very high). Banna's are one of the highest sources of natural K in nature. ;)

Did you use any form of lime? I prefer to use dolomite, for the added magnesium. Have you checked the Ph of your growing medium. You can buy a cheap Ph kit(from any goodproduce shop) that are useful, you are looking for 6.5-7 Ph, which is the range where most nutrients are available to the plant. Now the problem with this is that the lime in what ever form you use, should be incorperated 3 months before you plant for maximum effect. If your mix is already within the range you want, then add gypsum, which does not alter the Ph when added.

If you want more air in the mix, add perlite.

Edited by ZEN2U

I thinking of using monsta bud again next time as I still have a few litres. Next time I will be keeping my ph in the desired range next time and will change medium to something lighter an airier like coco.

Also I used the supercropping method of tying down and bending etc. in your experience how effective is this and how often I should do it.

Monstabud is alright stuff, especially for the price.

Supercropping is very effective. Infact most forms of bondage during veg seem to get more light into the canopy and promote bigger stems to hold up those big buds.

Coco + monitoring the pH next time should see some good gains. If you insist on going 'organic' then spending the time to get the soil mix right is essential.