Using Dutch Masters, Problem Help!

Hey peoples, i really need help calculating the amount of a + b grow i'm suppose to be using.I'm growing in 75% coco coir and 25% perlite and i know there is a calculator for this but just want to be sure.I want to do half strength feeds to begin with but that adds upto ( on the dutch calculator )  .6 of a ml per litre of a and .6 of b. Please help me , is this correct ? as it doesn't seem like a lot.

Thank you in advance :idea:

Oh do you guys know if i should pre-rinse coco coir bricks ( bunnings one's ) and then pre-charge ?

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend using bunnings coco in the first place, but yes would recommend pre-rinsing if I was to torture my plants with that stuff.

Do yourself a favor and grab a bag of loose coco from nursery/hydro store. Grab some perlite while your at it.

Pre-charge as in mixing nutrients through it or drying it in the oven? Certainly wouldn't put nutes in the coco unless the plant was already established. 

Nutes + seedlings = death.

Edited by ConvexConepiece

I've had no problem using bunnins coco, no different in particle size to bagged hydro coco.

I would recommend flushing first.

pre. Charge in assuming you mean buffer the calcium etc I personally do with a home made mixture of cal nitrate, mag nitrate, mag sulphate and iron chelate. I soak the coco in a mixture of it at ec 1.4.

no problems at all with my current grow using 100% recycled coco/perlite(Bunning) from last grow

• Upvote 2

Hi frank thanks for your info :) , yes so far i mixed coco with perlite 75% and 25% coco/perlite ph'ed the water after leaving it 24 hrs to 5.8 and added dutch nutes

.6 ml per litre a and b.

soil ph is 5.8 to 6.0 and same as run-off 6.0.Coco from bunning's seems nice and fluffy.Seeds are in water just hope 5.8 to 6.0 ph is good.

Thanks for everyone help and if you have any more advise , I love to learn!!! :bangin: