Technique to fatten up those lower buds

Someone who isn't me (SWIM) has 6 plants in a 3mx6mx2m (lxwxh) space so two rows of 3 plants each, temperature is fully controlled, good air flow and carbon filters. On the roof is 3 600w hps bulbs, I advised swim to pull off all the bottom leaves, bud nodes that couldn't get full light to enhance the buds that can.

Swim had a very innovative idea to put 2 uv lights (sorry can't remember the wattage) in the middle of the plants at pot level to allow the lower buds full light to increase yield.

Has anyone tried this, or something similar before and if so what results did you experience?

You (know they all know it's you) would be better off harvesting the plant in stages. Harvest the top half (or whichever fraction seems appropriate) and then resume feeding the plant nutrients. What you have left on will continue to mature and I believe you will achieve a more satisfying result than the uv light idea.

Naycha :peace:

For once swim really isn't me haha.

Harvest the top half (or whichever fraction seems appropriate) and then resume feeding the plant nutrients. What you have left on will continue to mature and I believe you will achieve a more satisfying result than the uv light idea.

Naycha :peace:

That's what i used to do and it worked well for me before the popo took it haha, I'm just always looking for simple tips to increase yield.

And the uv idea just got me thinking :twiddle:

Edited by jman93