Ionizers, air ozonator

Anyone use one?

Im trying to cover all my bases before starting and since I havent had the experience of growing and trying to control odours I have heard these are OK.

Im going to get a CF but wonder about how I clear teh smell from when I open the tent and then close it again... there will be smell in the room that I want to get rid of

I will be in an apartment so trying to be as safe as possible.

Any thoughts

im asking here as the internet seems to be 50% positive and 50% negative on both methods.

How about a carbon filter on the tent and an ozone emitting light bulb in the ceiling fixture of the room?

I personally think the carbon filter will be enough. I have my tent set up in a smaller room (2.6x3.2m) and the carbon filter keeps the the room clear of ganja smell when the tent is open. I can even dry a small amount of bud in the room while the tent is in operation without any smell.

• Upvote 1

How about a carbon filter on the tent and an ozone emitting light bulb in the ceiling fixture of the room?

I personally think the carbon filter will be enough. I have my tent set up in a smaller room (2.6x3.2m) and the carbon filter keeps the the room clear of ganja smell when the tent is open. I can even dry a small amount of bud in the room while the tent is in operation without any smell.

If you use a new, properly fitted carbon filter there is no need for either of those (ioniser or Ozonator)

I would not use them on their own... seen them being used and was not too impressed with its oder control capabilities. 

May just stick with a large CF... having never grown indoors its a learning curve but dont want to get cuaght wishing I had done thing differently with odour control.

Appreciate the advice guys

Hey Midget,

I have used both and still do.

The carbon filter is great for catching the odours from within the growspace vented out thru the filter, but not so good for the ambient odour outside of the space

The ozone is not so good for the vented odours as the ozone needs time to react with the odour and venting the room thru the ozoneator, then venting directly outside does not give the ozone time to react.

My growspace is in my shed. I have found that rather than venting directly outside, venting into my shed and having the ozone react in the shed space before escaping outside is better. This gives time for the ozone to work

DO NOT be running your Ozoneator in the grow room itself, as the UV light will mess with your lighting times. Make sure no UV light can escape into your grow space.

DO NOT be venting your ozone into your grow space. Ozone will kill mould spores in your space but putting ozone into your room will be detrimental to the plant.

Hope it helps

Merl1n