Do lower leaves in a scrog grow really take nutrients away from the re

*passes Nibbler the cement mix for his morning coffee*

One think I have learned over the years are there are very few hard and fast rules. Short of not having lights too close, and not feeding/watering too much and a few other common sense things that is.

There are as many methods and ways of doing things as there are growers imho.

Calling someone's method retarded is abuse in my lowly peon eyes.
There are far better ways for putting things.

As for the ORIGINAL TOPIC, I wish all new scroggers the best of luck with their gardens. I hope to be among you guys soon enough. ^_^

Happy Gardening one and all.

:freak:
Lenny.

Toughen up nibs... I have only recently started frequenting this place again... and i am amazed at the number of posts like this.. "im leaving" blah blah blah...  only to return again a few weeks or months later... get over yourself, its almost like these posts are looking for some support..."no dont go, you are awesome"! or similar...  Just need to chill out ffs.

Stop being such a pedant and such a fragile flower. I was honest about your grow and you had to run to the mods and get me banned from your thread. It seems you can only accept the good critique but anything else is a massive insult.

Nibs offers advice and help and all he gets in return is attitude.

*passes Nibbler the cement mix for his morning coffee*

One think I have learned over the years are there are very few hard and fast rules. Short of not having lights too close, and not feeding/watering too much and a few other common sense things that is.

There are as many methods and ways of doing things as there are growers imho.

Calling someone's method retarded is abuse in my lowly peon eyes.

There are far better ways for putting things.

As for the ORIGINAL TOPIC, I wish all new scroggers the best of luck with their gardens. I hope to be among you guys soon enough. ^_^

Happy Gardening one and all.

:freak:

Lenny.

You are one of the problems here. Such attitude for someone who gets others to grow for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Was asked by spacemonkey to reopen, stay on track or it will be closed again and will not be reopened...

Thank you so much, Ozzy420!

I might be being overly optimistic, but I was hoping to get a bit more info from people about perhaps some authentic botanical insights as to what the best practice might be. I simply find it difficult to conceive of a healthy green leaf as being a 'drain' on the plant, even if it's only getting shaded ambient light (I reckon under most scrogs there's still a fair bit of light at groung level when the HIDs are shining).

Nibbler: I totally respect your opinion and your input towards my threads. I'm a very curious person and I find it very hard to accept advice if I don't feel a really solid understanding as to why I'm doing something! But I rate your opinion highly and appreciate that you are trying to help. Thank you.

Others: Thank you all for your points of view. If anyone knows of a good resource for more detailed info, I'd be interested to hear of it. I hope I live to see the day when this wonderful plant is studied with as much detail as it should be.

Others: Thank you all for your points of view. If anyone knows of a good resource for more detailed info, I'd be interested to hear of it. I hope I live to see the day when this wonderful plant is studied with as much detail as it should be.

If the research is lacking and you have the motivation and the lust for more information to be out there you could do this experiment yourself. This would help you see for yourself what works best for you and along the way it may help inform others who are in the same situation as yourself.

I would be interested in your results.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 3

If the research is lacking and you have the motivation and the lust for more information to be out there you could do this experiment yourself. This would help you see for yourself what works best for you and along the way it may help inform others who are in the same situation as yourself.

I would be interested in your results.

Naycha :peace:

Well, I'm pretty much doing that with my current grow! I'm not removing anything below the scrog netting, except when the lower leaves become very yellow and pretty much fall off themselves. I figure at this point the plant has drained them of their nitrogen etc., so in fact up until then they have been providing the plant with extra nutrients which would be lost if I trimmed them! Hence my skepticism.

I am going to see how this grow goes, and thoroughly analyse the results in terms of yield and bud distribution. Then, maybe next time, if I think I can do better, I'll try a grow which I will trim. Not strictly 'scientific', I know - but it will be amusing to see what happens.

The only thing that really worries me is mold. Removing the lower leaves might be beneficial for airflow, particularly if they are very bunched up under the netting. Right now, mine are pretty well ventilated so I'm confident I can run the grow mold free (fingers crossed!).

I grow on a small scale, one 400w hps. I kinda like the popcorn buds because it gives me more trimmings to mix in a cookie batch. lol

Yeah, I feel the same way: It's aaaaaall good, man!!  8D

Edited by SpaceMonkey23
  • Upvote 1