Do lower leaves in a scrog grow really take nutrients away from the re

Well, you do it how ya want Forget, I'm just trying to tell a Newb, the PROPER way to do a scrog ...

I think that is FIWH's point... there is no one PROPER method

Nice scrog Matsu... you must go through a lot of cable ties though...

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 3

No need for abuse...

Well, you do it how ya want Forget, I'm just trying to tell a Newb, the PROPER way to do a scrog by trimming the undergrowth, which is what he asked about. After he has got it done the RIGHT way he can play around with ya theories.
You say it's rubbish cleaning under the screen mate , but makes more sense to you to do ABOVE the screen, thats just retarded.

thanks guys.

its all good the OP asked for people's opinions and i offered my personal opinion which is an alternative to the standard way of thinking.

what the OP chooses to do is up to him.

a also agree with nibbler in a way. i started scrogging the traditional way to begin with and perhaps that is the best place to start.

peace :peace:

• Upvote 2

Thanks all of you for providing so much wisdom and input towards my question. Once again, I respect the opinions of veteran growers a great deal, and I will almost certainly follow their advice, but I really wish I had a better grasp on the actual botanical principles behind this idea of removing lower growth, because it just disagrees with my intuition.

It doesn't help that I read some dude's comment on another forum about this the other day. He said that cannabis leaves are around 80% transparent, but they reflect a large amount of green light, so it looks darker under the canopy to the human eye, but there is still plenty of light usable there for the plant! Naturally, this helped me to become more skeptical of conventional wisdom than I was before...

Mold is apparently a serious issue with indoor grows, so I can understand defoliation for that reason alone.

I'm planning to go easy on the trimming for this (my second grow), and I'll see how it works out. Honestly, I don't even mind a few popcorn buds. My primary concern is getting a maximum yield in terms of grams/watt (assuming that the harvest buds are of an equivalent strength by weight, which is obviously not guaranteed either).

Cheers, Louise. Yes I do go through a lot of cable ties but I get 500 for $12, so it's not too bad. I have used all sorts of other things to tie them down but found the cable ties to be the best, easiest and quickest!

I think that is FIWH's point... there is no one PROPER method

Ok Louise, maybe basic was a better word....... thanks for jumping down me throat yet again..... :thumbsup:

No need for abuse...

There is not even any abuse in that Ozzy, you and ya band of merry farktards need to give it a rest. oh no, I used the word retarded...... but people can hound me daily and it's OK.

Ah yuh.

Couldn't agree more. :)

You  are one of them.........

I try and help people grow cannabis on this site, and everything I say is wrong, or the way i said it was wrong or blah, blah, blah....

Thanks for being twats to me for  trying to make people do it the standard way before they go off experimenting with different ways.

A solid understanding of Basic growing is needed before you start playing around.

I only came back to the site to help newbs, but everyday all i cop is shit....  as per usual people hounding me over nothing.

I haven't said much about the situation, but theres an element on this site needs wiping out, before NO-ONE comes here any more.

It's heading that way.

:peace: Nibbler.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Toughen up nibs... I have only recently started frequenting this place again... and i am amazed at the number of posts like this.. "im leaving" blah blah blah...  only to return again a few weeks or months later... get over yourself, its almost like these posts are looking for some support..."no dont go, you are awesome"! or similar...  Just need to chill out ffs.

• Upvote 1