Cupboard drying test run

Hi guys,

Just though I would ask some opinions. I currently have 8 sativas in the bush that look to be about ready in two weeks time. I was initially considering drying them outdoors in a tent but we traditionally have a lot of rain over Easter here and I don't want to risk mould.

I am considering harvesting one plant next week and hanging it in a wardrobe with a small isolating fan on it. This will be a test run to gauge the smell as I live in a unit and obviously don't want the neighbors to suspect anything.

My question to you guys is what can you do to hide the smell of drying pot?

I plan on sealing the wardrobe to make it as airtight as possible, put gaffer tape around all the edges and burn incense to hide the smell plus keep all the doors and windows closed in the room. Is there anything else I can do?..... Unfortunately I don't have access to a grow tent, fan and carbon filter

You know how a gram of really good buds can stink out an entire house?  Getting 1500g from an outdoor plant isn't a huge deal...  The only way to hide the smell is filtering the air and keeping it under a constant negative pressure so no unfiltered air can escape.  Ideally that would be something like a grow tent with an extraction fan and carbon filter which is exactly what I use.  You could get setup with everything off ebay for under $500 and although thats a fair chunk of change you gotta remember 1500g per plant not being a big deal and the fact that you want to hide the smell from all those around you.

Thanks for the reply guys, as I said I can't afford a grow tent and carbon filter at this stage. I plan to heavily manicure the plant before it goes into the cupboard and have a fan in there too to keep the air circulating. Hopefully this will prevent any mould problems. I also plan to open the cupboards up at night between the hours of 11pm and 5am to allow the air to circulate and then close them up before anybody in the building wakes up. Fingers crossed this works with the test plant and the smell isn't obvious from outside the unit. If so, I'll give it a crack with the other plants.

Nil Odor - the harvesters best friend ;)

Good one nibs.....,

As a lesson learnt from someone who has tried this Raven6, either dry them out bush or get a carbon filter if you don't want to get busted or run though.

I think there is a tute in cannaversity for making up a carbon filter. You could prob make one for twenty bucks with some fly wire, a box, some carbon from an aquarium shop and good old duct tape.

Any ways, sounds like your on the home stretch, good luck dude. And nil odor sort of works.

Keep safe Sandchu