• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Massive Bloom

Photo

Cupboard drying test run

- - - - - Stealth sativa drying

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

raven6

raven6

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 Posts:
  • Interests:Fishing and smoking, I try not to combine the two as I lose too many fish!!
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Coco grow with 600W
Hi guys,

Just though I would ask some opinions. I currently have 8 sativas in the bush that look to be about ready in two weeks time. I was initially considering drying them outdoors in a tent but we traditionally have a lot of rain over Easter here and I don't want to risk mould.

I am considering harvesting one plant next week and hanging it in a wardrobe with a small isolating fan on it. This will be a test run to gauge the smell as I live in a unit and obviously don't want the neighbors to suspect anything.

My question to you guys is what can you do to hide the smell of drying pot?
I plan on sealing the wardrobe to make it as airtight as possible, put gaffer tape around all the edges and burn incense to hide the smell plus keep all the doors and windows closed in the room. Is there anything else I can do?..... Unfortunately I don't have access to a grow tent, fan and carbon filter

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

DoctorWho

DoctorWho

reTARDIS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: Indoors

You know how a gram of really good buds can stink out an entire house?  Getting 1500g from an outdoor plant isn't a huge deal...  The only way to hide the smell is filtering the air and keeping it under a constant negative pressure so no unfiltered air can escape.  Ideally that would be something like a grow tent with an extraction fan and carbon filter which is exactly what I use.  You could get setup with everything off ebay for under $500 and although thats a fair chunk of change you gotta remember 1500g per plant not being a big deal and the fact that you want to hide the smell from all those around you.

Naycha

Naycha

Concentrating....

• 420 Crew
  • 6060 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal

Putting it in a sealed cupboard will be very humid it will probably go mouldy.

Naycha :peace:

raven6

raven6

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 Posts:
  • Interests:Fishing and smoking, I try not to combine the two as I lose too many fish!!
Thanks for the reply guys, as I said I can't afford a grow tent and carbon filter at this stage. I plan to heavily manicure the plant before it goes into the cupboard and have a fan in there too to keep the air circulating. Hopefully this will prevent any mould problems. I also plan to open the cupboards up at night between the hours of 11pm and 5am to allow the air to circulate and then close them up before anybody in the building wakes up. Fingers crossed this works with the test plant and the smell isn't obvious from outside the unit. If so, I'll give it a crack with the other plants.

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"

Well if ya gonna take the risk, at least get yourself a small vial of Nilodor from IGA for 7 bucks, it won't take away the smell, but will mask it a bit. If you use nothing you will find out the hard way why we use filters on drying weed.

:peace: Nibbler

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

sandchu

sandchu

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 1 x 400hps - flower
Nil Odor - the harvesters best friend ;)
Good one nibs.....,
As a lesson learnt from someone who has tried this Raven6, either dry them out bush or get a carbon filter if you don't want to get busted or run though.
I think there is a tute in cannaversity for making up a carbon filter. You could prob make one for twenty bucks with some fly wire, a box, some carbon from an aquarium shop and good old duct tape.
Any ways, sounds like your on the home stretch, good luck dude. And nil odor sort of works.
Keep safe Sandchu

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • 1697 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis; Crochet; Gardening
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

If nothing else, get a dozen Dampsorb's and chuck em in the bottom of the wardrobe.

One for the rock, one for the crow,

One to die, and one to grow.

Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

DO NOT PM me asking for seeds, weed, or clones.

raven6

raven6

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 Posts:
Thanks guys, appreciate all the advice. Will let you know how it turns out!

raven6

raven6

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 Posts:
After some serious thought I've decided to invest In a tent, inline fan and odor sok, can anybody recommend a good internet site to buy off? what about eBay?

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • 1697 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis; Crochet; Gardening
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Wise move. ^_^

eBay's good. It's where a lot of us buy a lot of supplies.

Don't forget a small fan in the tent to stir up the air too. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stealth, sativa, drying

Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.