guttered

g'day all, im an old bloke ,been playing this game over 35 yrs, im pretty good at it .ive never had any real problems with pests, the odd green grub ,a little bit of bud rot. this yr im guttered, ive a huge pine apple chunk covered in massive buds , also a big w/widow x skunk1. they where both beautiful. i reckon the p/chunk was gunna go two elbows on its own 6 six or 8 weeks ago.i had a couple of small light brown grubs about a 1/4 inch long with blk spots on them .was not worried there is always a few grubs ,but  there are also praying mantus and wasps that keep these things in check. it started with a couple of spots that looked like bud rot .we had had a week of rain the week before.i picked these couple of spots off and thought no more of it, than over the next week it got worse .but the rotted bits where dry so i was a bit puzzled, it flake away in dry clumps.i found the odd small brown grub in the bit i sluffed off. i thought could it be the grubs not rot causing my problems. over the next week huge bald parts started showing on these huge buds, two inches of stem showing where days before was the most beautiful huge colas.still i thought it was a rot problem but the dryness of it all made me unnsure. over the next week it had become heart breaking what was happening. i decideed yesterday to pop them up. i started to have a good look at some of these rotten areas. i folded back the single buds that make up the colas right back to the stem. i found these big fat grubs as i said above .they had grown to over an inch and a half.they where buried deep inside the colas. these dirty fucks have ruined upto a third of the p/chunk and also a fair bit of the w/widow skunk1.both are close to ready .ive had to harvest a week earier just to save what i can.the damage these grubs have done in the last 10 to 12 days is beyond belief.if left for another week who knows what the result would be. like i said i know me way around a patch but have never seen anything like this. has anyone else had problems with these fuckers before, does anyone know what they are or how to treat them if i ever have this happen again. ive never used any pest spays over all the yrs ive been doing this. im guttered ,ive loveing tendered my girls for months the p/ chunk is covered in crystles all over the leaves ,the bubs rock hard she was just stunning. the w/widow x skunk was on any other yr would have been special. so if you think you have rot check deep into the buds and hope that you never get these fuckers on ya girls they have been truely devistating to my girls.there are enough things to worry about when ya girls get so close to harvest ,coppers thieves and rot on wet yrs .but these things have broken me heart just as much as having ya beautiful girls ripped off. so please help with some advise.justs go to show there are always lessons to learn with these most beautiful off all plants, goodonyas

• Upvote 2

mate i have had the exact same problem.

not the usual green grub they are brown with a dark head.

i only lost a few buds to these bastards. they leave tiny black poo spots inside the bud that kinda look like mites and

the bud goes rotten dark brown from the inside and hairs all brown off surrounding bud.

i think the grubs hatch from a small brown moth i have seen under leaves.

there is nothing you can do but remove affected areas and pull the grubs out and squash them.

you will still end up with some nice smoko but its devastating losing so much when you have done everything else rite

yea h

mate i have had the exact same problem.

not the usual green grub they are brown with a dark head.

i only lost a few buds to these bastards. they leave tiny black poo spots inside the bud that kinda look like mites and

the bud goes rotten dark brown from the inside and hairs all brown off surrounding bud.

i think the grubs hatch from a small brown moth i have seen under leaves.

there is nothing you can do but remove affected areas and pull the grubs out and squash them.

you will still end up with some nice smoko but its devastating losing so much when you have done everything else rite

yeah mate ,sounds like it, yeah the only good thing i can take from it is it aint rot and i can pick bits away from the good bud, but some main colas have almost complerely rotted waway in no time at all,wish i could show yas  ill get a pick before i cut the chunk down later to day, iits ruined goodonya boys., im having a bad day ,me camera wont work, im ol school dont own a mobile

Edited by man
  • Upvote 1

hers a couple, pics dont really show the size or carnage.im six foot ,the plant is tied down and is 18 inches above my head. the first pic  everyone of those colas have the rot ,some really bad others so so,. if you look at the top of the main cola you can see dry bud. ,but it goes beyond that .the buds are rotten on the inside. .most of yhe pics i took wre no got, ill take a couple of the ones where the buds have rotted to the stem leaviing bare stem ,dirty little fuckers. it would be 9ft round most of the buds have problems ,last week it was minor 7=8 days later and the buds crumble in my hands .it so disappointing.

post-38174-0-45123000-1395291272_thumb.jpg

post-38174-0-34441600-1395291336_thumb.jpg

post-38174-0-23636600-1395291582_thumb.jpg

Edited by man

yea ive had these buggers before too, but never to the degree you have copped them

ive just had small isolated patches here and there, but my plant not been big like yours

the dead affected bud shows only after the damage is done, and yea there is usually a grub present

i put it down to these small white moths that were hanging around for just a few days  and dissapearred just as quickly as they came

i havent had such a major loss to consider any insecticide use, which i would imagine would have to be systemic to stop these

no one likes to have to use insecticides, but if i do i use aza-max which is reasonably friendly as insecticides go

and it would have to be early and well before any damage is evident

sorry to hear of your losses and no advice to help you really

yea ive had these buggers before too, but never to the degree you have copped them

ive just had small isolated patches here and there, but my plant not been big like yours

the dead affected bud shows only after the damage is done, and yea there is usually a grub present

i put it down to these small white moths that were hanging around for just a few days  and dissapearred just as quickly as they came

i havent had such a major loss to consider any insecticide use, which i would imagine would have to be systemic to stop these

no one likes to have to use insecticides, but if i do i use aza-max which is reasonably friendly as insecticides go

and it would have to be early and well before any damage is evident

sorry to hear of your losses and no advice to help you really

goodomya mate ,yep little white months ,dirty fuckers , well have a crack with the spray next yr, goodonya mate.