• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Tiny white spots on leaves

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Stushell

Stushell

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi, I am a first time grower with this lovely outdoor plant. Some of the large fan leaves are turning yellow and brown, and some of the smaller leaves have small white spots on them. The plant is 5 weeks in to flower. I have had a quick look and can't see any webs to indicate spider mites? Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to treat this far in to flower? I did see a tiny cream insect on the underside of the small leaf photographed. What is best if it goes too far, do you pull the plant early or try and treat? Any help is greatly appreciated. I would be so sad to see my lady die prematurely!

Attached Files

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Farmer jim

Farmer jim

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Looks well infested, whitefly maybe. I usually fight them with neem oil but have lost before.
Best of luck.
Jim.

Edited by Farmer jim, 13 March 2014 - 08:37 PM.

thebfg

thebfg

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
Probably spidermites keep checking underneath leaves for small black or red dots this will be the mites I've had them twice this year & currently fighting them off myself

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.

Mites for sure! Eco oil from bunnings then follow up with neem oil.Spray under the leaves every couple of days for about 7 days then wait a few more days and finish of with neem oil  every two days for 7 days.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

sizalinescreen

sizalinescreen

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: The sun

this isnt mites its whitefly... is there any webs on your bud if so then it is spider... but i reckon its whitefly 

I planted a seed
It grew into some weed
I bought it ferts, nutes and lights
And my little plant became such a sight!
I watered it well from my little pale
Then went to sex it....goddamn, it's a male.

Thank me with some bits 1NxgUEfW6xZ4u1291xHojrdqVACCzcCtG1

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5544 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...

Eco Oil, will control both spider mites and white fly and the advantage of Eco Oil over Neem preparations - it's BFA approved as an organic input and registered for use on food crops.

Neem is only registered in Australia for use on ornamental plants.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.

this isnt mites its whitefly... is there any webs on your bud if so then it is spider... but i reckon its whitefly 

you don't need webbing to have mites. that comes later. after just finishing a war with mites and having leaves like the last pic above, it is mites.

forgetiwashere

forgetiwashere

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 Posts:
  • Interests:fishing and growing, vegies and other
  • Fav. Lighting: 400w cmh

its thrips or maybe whiteflies. pyrethrum or a simple soap spray will sort them out but you have to be persistent spraying each day until there all gone, focus on new shoots if its thrips becuase thats where they hide, whiteflies be sure to spray under the leaves bt you will know if its white flies, shake the tree and you will see them all flying around. its not really that big of a deal at the stage your at anyway, i would just ride it out but then again i would rather smoke a few bugs than some poison spray,

if theres bugs in your weed then theres weed in your bugs i say haha

Stushell

Stushell

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:
Thanks heaps for the advice. Luckily I can get Eco oil where I am. I am not in a city, so the availability of things is sometimes limited! I love the weed in bugs comment! I'm with you, would hate to ruin lovely buds with a non organic spray & perhaps the bugs will add flavor!

MrTrimbole

MrTrimbole

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 Posts:

I just came looking for the same solution to the same problem. Never really had this massive issue in the past as my first grows where in a new tent and in a room inside the house but since i moved and now have a shed/granny house at the back with all my tools and other garage stuff and half of its become my grow space i am fighting bloody spider mites and losing. The last girl i harvested she got infected by mites a few days before harvest..so i was lucky it happened when it did and not like with 3 weeks to go. Now i have noticed similar spots appearing on the new seedlings.

So Eco Oil is the go? Available at bunnings yeah?

I just want to prep my new seedlings as i have a whole new run that i started a few weeks ago.

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.