phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

can i ask what temp above ambient were you getting in summer?  ATM im using a  600 w HPS with a cool tube i get 4 deg above room temp.. does it compare?

and id be interested in a price as well 

and @ Tang.. go the slip slop slap lmao..  fancy having to put on 50+ lol

Peace

Vape4life

Yaaaarghh, they do sound good. Cheers for all the info guys and I hope they go well with ye flowering!

That be alot'a gold coins though so hopefully, as you said forget, they'll come down in price.

definitely a product to research! :)

TiE

C-yNg-B

Yaaaarghh, they do sound good. Cheers for all the info guys and I hope they go well with ye flowering!

That be alot'a gold coins though so hopefully, as you said forget, they'll come down in price.

definitely a product to research! :)

TiE

C-yNg-B

yeah i know phillips RRP for them in aus is around $1499. that said i doubt that hydro stores will sell them that high its just going to be a matter of waiting and seeing what the stores do.

as for the temp i dont really keep track but i know that i am running 1 less fan in there and have the lamp at only 30cm above canopy and im seeing no signs of stress at all. i grow year round without dramas normally though. i will grab my laser thermometer next time i run down there and just check ambient temp, room temp and under canopy temp. hell i will even shoot the lamp and see what it is saying.

there is a ballast hanging in there too so that might increase heat but honestly i havnt noticed and major increase. the thermometer will tell the tale though

Hi Forgetiwashere, they sound really good, I dont doubt they will deliver, LEC must be the next generation philips were hinting at. The bulbs I use are not philips.

I couldnt find  anywhere in Aussie to buy them, but the spectrum of the EYE lighting version was close enough for me, they are the nearest thing to direct sun light I cant believe how good they perform.

I will now be searching for the LEC bulbs for sure.

Judge I have a grow diary "Ace Malawi" where I used the CMH bulbs they blew me away. Now I cant wait to try everything under them.

Tangwena

hey tangwena, the new LEC lamps wont run on a standard ballast, they have completely changed the lamp design. its now a very small bulb with a dual pin base rather than a screw in base.

here is the place i used to get my phillips CMH lamps though if your interested

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-PHILIPS-CMH-400W-CERAMIC-METAL-HALIDE-MASTER-COLOR-HPS-FULL-SPECTRUM-/111097504698?pt=AU_Seed_Starting_Hydroponics&hash=item19dded63ba

he does sell them single too im sure

Hi Forgetiwashere, they sound really good, I dont doubt they will deliver, LEC must be the next generation philips were hinting at. The bulbs I use are not philips.

I couldnt find  anywhere in Aussie to buy them, but the spectrum of the EYE lighting version was close enough for me, they are the nearest thing to direct sun light I cant believe how good they perform.

I will now be searching for the LEC bulbs for sure.

Judge I have a grow diary "Ace Malawi" where I used the CMH bulbs they blew me away. Now I cant wait to try everything under them.

Tangwena

Hey checked out the "diary" there is only one page? no results 

Also are theses the same lights ?

http://www.stealth-garden.com/products/category/lighting/

Edited by thejudgefudge

Hi Judge my mistake there is a bigger diary titled " Ace seeds Malawi" that shows the results.

Forgetiwashere, thanks for the link but I bought spares of the EYE lighting bulbs I will not need new ones for a year or so hopefully by then these d papilon lights will be cheaper. Gotta love the spectrum from the CMH and these new LEC bulbs though.

Tangwena