Gotta shocking problem.

You could try grounding the ballast to earth from case with some wire. Have you checked the ground cable in the ballast?

No not yet, correct me if I'm wrong but I'd have to take it apart to check that?

I think that would void any chance at a warranty so I'll leave that to last but I have given that some thought, a failed ground could cause this I suppose.

Thanks for the reply.

I've re situated the ballast so that it's not in direct contact with anything metallic in the room, If the room is still "live" after this then it's not the ballast and would almost have to be a bad ground somewhere.

Fucked if I know really, I don't even have a multimeter so in order to test whether it's live requires a certain degree of bravery.

I hate getting jolted.

Thanks for the replies peoples, I'll keep you all posted as to how it turns out.

To me it sounds like its floating and you are grounding the current when you touch it. How long have you had it. Does the power plug have a earth or just 2 prongs.

3 prongs but it's possible the main power may have a bad ground, I wired it myself so anything is possible :)

The inside of the room is floating yes, it is insulated from the rest of the shed.

It's a shed with a wooden interior frame covered in panda film, each wooden leg of the frame sits on plastic mats so the whole interior is insulated from the outside....nothing inside the shed comes into contact with anything outside is what I mean so it could be a grounding issue.

You may very well be onto something there.

i suggest take it back to hydro shop where ya got it from hopefully they can sort it out for ya

Am trying that, it all depends on him because I lost the friggin receipt. :(

My hydro guy just told me he'll take it back and replace it if it's buggered but he'll have a look at it first and try and fix it.

What a guy.

Told you all I spend a lot of money there :)

I would tell him to replace it, Solis Tek have a good warranty policy and your hydro guy opening the ballast will void that warranty. Maybe splash out on a multimeter while you're out lol

Naycha :peace: