• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Grow Fresh LED Grow Technology  "Moving into the future"
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana

Photo

canna coco nutrient outdoors too much nitrogen in flower ?

- - - - - coco

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

hermananian

hermananian

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has grown outdoors using coco and canna nutrients. I have been having some great results and getting some large plants. The problem i'm having is,  there is too much nitrogen in the canna coco nutrient during the flowering cycle which makes the plants more susceptible to mold because the nitrogen makes the cell walls thinner. I am wondering if anyone else is using an alternate nutrient outdoors during flower. ? Cheers

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

DoctorWho

DoctorWho

reTARDIS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: Indoors

Mould will grow on any plant given half a chance and personally I think thicker cell walls causes more problems because the plants I've used too much silica on have become much thicker and harder than they otherwise would have and the mould on them has always been far worse than other plants.  I had one plant last crop that was like a sneaky rotten potato.  It looked fine and was hard on the outside but once when i brought it in for a sniff my finger went into the bud and discovered a horrid sloppy mess of mould that nearly had me blow chunks :sick

If you're having issues with too much nitrogen though raise the ph slightly.  The higher it goes the less of it the plant will be able to use nitrogen while giving greater access to other nutrients as well.

hermananian

hermananian

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 Posts:

Mould will grow on any plant given half a chance and personally I think thicker cell walls causes more problems because the plants I've used too much silica on have become much thicker and harder than they otherwise would have and the mould on them has always been far worse than other plants.  I had one plant last crop that was like a sneaky rotten potato.  It looked fine and was hard on the outside but once when i brought it in for a sniff my finger went into the bud and discovered a horrid sloppy mess of mould that nearly had me blow chunks :sick

If you're having issues with too much nitrogen though raise the ph slightly.  The higher it goes the less of it the plant will be able to use nitrogen while giving greater access to other nutrients as well.

Ok, thats completely different from the conventional hype that silica strengthens cell walls, thus making insect bites, which is the main cause of mold "other than caterpillar shit " less damaging. I have been running my ph around 6 and ec around 0.8 as I find any more is a waist of nutrient and also its been hot lately. I dont have mold issues now but did have some last year and am trying to avoid them this year. Do you advocate raising the ph as the flowers ripen ? Cheers

Edited by hermananian, 15 February 2014 - 08:24 AM.

Naycha

Naycha

Concentrating....

• 420 Crew
  • 6060 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

Have you considered that nitrogen may not be the cause of your mould problem? With enough humidity and temperature mould spores will germinate on your plants if they are present imo. Mould can be present without insect bites and caterpillar poo being present.

If you have consistent mould problems I would recommend doing anything you can to keep moisture off your plants and if necessary changing to a less mould prone strain/phenotype.

Naycha :peace:

hermananian

hermananian

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 Posts:

I have played with lots of strains over the years, I am now running some mandala strains which I have found to be mold resistant in the past, though I am running from clone this year and not seed. I am in a high humidity area so i understand that mold can be a problem though I have found that insects seem to go with the mold especially white fly. I wish I could keep the rain off my plants but that's not feasible. I am trying to create the least mold attractive environment and from my readings too much nitrogen is one of the causes due to cell walls being bloated. If anyone is interested this is a good read http://www.mandalase...enting-Bud-Mold

Cheers

Faith

Faith

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2632 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

I have played with lots of strains over the years, I am now running some mandala strains which I have found to be mold resistant in the past, though I am running from clone this year and not seed. I am in a high humidity area so i understand that mold can be a problem though I have found that insects seem to go with the mold especially white fly. I wish I could keep the rain off my plants but that's not feasible. I am trying to create the least mold attractive environment and from my readings too much nitrogen is one of the causes due to cell walls being bloated. If anyone is interested this is a good read http://www.mandalase...enting-Bud-Mold

Cheers

G'day hermanian :toke: cheers for the link I like the Mandala site, be nice to order direct hey.  I could understand what you are talking re N and bloating.  Like when seedlings are stretching or earrly flower when they're shooting for the moon but the growth is so fast they can get a little feeble and flimsy until they 'catch up"  Nice topic.

Peace to youand good growing.  f :sun:

Peace and good growing

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

First grow:      

https://cannabis.com...6183-here-goes/                                                      2013/14:         https://cannabis.com...t-at-our-joint/

current...

https://cannabis.com.../72811-faith-gr

----///-\\\----Put This                              
---|||----|||---On Your                           
---|||----|||---account If                                             
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
Survivors too..God bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Lenore

Lenore

Nevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1640 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

I've been using Canna Coco A+B for ages. Never had a problem.

It's our base nute for our gurls. We've just pulled our 2nd grow with on it and no issues.

For a grower in coco, esp. a newbie, it's what I personally recommend.

Because I can.

Chat not loading properly? Click here to learn why.

gallery_5_33_23302.png   gallery_5_33_9843.png

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

DO NOT PM me asking for seeds, weed, or clones.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
wouldn't an abundance of N lead to toxicity, leading to burnt leaf tips. When are you watering? Are you making sure you do not splash the leaves at all when watering, there are loads of reasons fungus could grow, and I would be liking at watering regimes etc before blaming nutrition

hermananian

hermananian

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 Posts:

I have been using canna coco for years indoors as well with no problems and large yields, though indoors everything can be controlled. Before using coco I used to grow in grodan flock also using canna nutrient. The difference is that with growwool you have a specific flores nutrient. This is my concern for the canna coco outdoors it is not adjusted for flower thus high nitrogen levels during flower. i am not talking about nitrogen toxicity I am talking about bloated cell walls during flower which makes the plant more susceptible to mold. And I am very careful not to splash any nutrients on my six foot clones and I always water at daybreak.

Cheers 

Edited by hermananian, 15 February 2014 - 10:28 AM.

hermananian

hermananian

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 Posts:

G'day hermanian :toke: cheers for the link I like the Mandala site, be nice to order direct hey.  I could understand what you are talking re N and bloating.  Like when seedlings are stretching or earrly flower when they're shooting for the moon but the growth is so fast they can get a little feeble and flimsy until they 'catch up"  Nice topic.

Peace to youand good growing.  f :sun:

Peace and good growing

Hi Faith, It would be good, I have been in touch and they wont send to Oz pointing to our draconian laws and not wanting to get anyone in trouble.

Cheers Herman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coco

OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
LED Grow Lights | Prestige LED Grow Solutions Australia
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.