Qld Pettition For Legalization

Bummer I missed this one.  So what does a petition have to do to get a response?  Seems some get them for a handful of signatures while others have literally thousands with no response.  

And I have to say that if we're serious about these things we need to stop half arse petitions.  It shows the government when something gets under 1000 sigs that no one cares, when clearly a lot do.  Its just that most people will never have known about this.  

If we do a petition we should do it properly, raise money for advertising etc and get the message out.

Edited by Ferrethead

I think the petition was worded poorly.

For one thing there should be no real distinction or relevance to the purpose of use.

“Recreational” is a word that is loaded with ideas about it being optional, unnecessary and hedonistic.

There should be only one type of use that matters.

Adult use.

That's it.

Legalise it for adult use.

Don't classify as anything else because my strong opinion is that all cannabis use is for the purposes of well-being whether that be physical or psychological. Everyone who uses it uses it to feel better. Full stop.

“Recreational use” is a classification that belittles and insults and minimises the importance of gaining rights to adult use of cannabis.

Edited by eyesonly
  • Upvote 2