Fluorescent lights and vegetative growth

Do you use fluorescent lighting during veg?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gday Capt, I also use one of those CFL's and i noticed the other day, during the lights off cycle, my globe would flash for a split sec.. then nothing?? have you noticed anything similar? i thought it was a bit weird.. its on a digital timer.. not sure if thats the issue or the globe stores power for use later.. lol

Peace ..happy growing

Hey Vape. Only a year to answer your Question. Could be a record??! lol cheers Tang for the bump. EDIT.

Never noticed that with mine but it doesn't always fire up properly. Sometimes, when first powered up only half the tubes light up, within 5 mins though they all light up. It's a few years old now so could just be that...!?

Ford. I've been using a 22w fluoro ring recently for cuts\clones and it works a treat. Ef all heat from it and decent growth for such a low powered lamp. :) I've been able to keep running (18/6)in the fridge all summer!

EDIT. :palmface: 2015 doh

Edited by cap'n yNg
  • Upvote 2

I knew the penny would drop..Capt lol

yeah ..your prob does sound like an old globe.. my issue im not so sure?  Ive caught the globe doing it a few times.. i really dont think the plants would even be quick enough to see it.. and besides its  a vege tent so who cares.. more light the better lol

those 130w aint bad ya just gotta keep em close to get any kind of bang out of them. I get 2 deg above ambient with a small computer fan..all through summer .. great for cuttings and mums.

peace

Vape 4life

I knew the penny would drop..Capt lol

yeah ..your prob does sound like an old globe.. my issue im not so sure? Ive caught the globe doing it a few times.. i really dont think the plants would even be quick enough to see it.. and besides its a vege tent so who cares.. more light the better lol

those 130w aint bad ya just gotta keep em close to get any kind of bang out of them. I get 2 deg above ambient with a small computer fan..all through summer .. great for cuttings and mums.

peace

Vape 4life

lol not the sharpest cutless aboard the good ship OzS.... lol

Sounds like a bit of static charge inside the tube. Check the lamp holders cable has an earth connection, If not add one. :D

Aye, agreed. The 130's are great for mums, cuttings etc.

I had my Liberty haze mother under a 130CFL and she grew faster than I could take cuttings. Put her out to flower in the end. :)

Hey Mr Fairlane. So what did you go for in the end after this poll?

Edited by cap'n yNg

My little home made job does a great job of vegging and if one light goes it's easy to replace.

These are the same Phillip brand tornado spiral lights just smaller versions.

attachicon.gifDSCF8603.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF8605.JPG

awesome jester. You should put it here >https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/63981-macgyverghetto-rigged-up-grow-gear-the-stuff-ya-cant-buy-to/

Top McGyvering :) maybe add a couple of holes in the top to let any heat out, tiz cardboard and you dont want a .......... well, you know :)

Edited by cap'n yNg

lol not the sharpest cutless aboard the good ship OzS.... lol

Sounds like a bit of static charge inside the tube. Check the lamp holders cable has an earth connection, If not add one. :D

Aye, agreed. The 130's are great for mums, cuttings etc.

I had my Liberty haze mother under a 130CFL and she grew faster than I could take cuttings. Put her out to flower in the end. :)

Hey Mr Fairlane. So what did you go for in the end after this poll?

Hey cap'n

I am still vegging under hps, i do have a couple of the 24w cfl's, one of each spectrum, but they didn't really have much impact under the hid, turned them off and have not used them. I am making a few changes atm though, and should have a separate veg area setup soon. Ive been comparing those 130w with the phillips 80w. So one of them and 2x24w for this year.

My little home made job does a great job of vegging and if one light goes it's easy to replace.

These are the same Phillip brand tornado spiral lights just smaller versions.

attachicon.gifDSCF8603.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF8605.JPG

Hey Jester, that looks like a very neat setup man, nice work