Obtaining Medical Cannabis Oil via Nimbin?

Wodrolb

Question

Hello,

For the past 5 months I've been suffering from dizziness and an ear infection that feels like is in both ears. I can't do much because I feel like I am going to pass out everyday, my ears always feel blocked, not with wax but an inflamed feeling, I can hear my pulse in my ears, and there is tension in my temples that leads all the way down to my chest. It can be very hard for me to goto sleep at night. A local doctor told me my right ear was infected and prescribed me drops, but being the paranoid person I am I decided not to use them. I have tried many other things to help naturally cure my infection and nothing has worked and I feel like it's getting worse.

I know medical cannabis is only really prescribed for people who have terminal cancer of sorts in their last attempts to save their lives, but I was wondering what people thought of the idea of just going to nimbin to see if it's easy enough to obtain cannabis oil just like the pot on the streets?

I live about 3 hours drive away from Nimbin, and I honestly don't want to resort to pharmaceuticals to cure me as the side effects involved, even if minimal risk, aren't worth it for me. 

Any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

you have to remember cannabis is a wonderfully plant with many healing proerties, but it cant do everything - honestly you'd be better off using the drops to kill the infection and then just smoking some to relax afterwards.

I use a combination of cannabis and pharma atm, im sure alot of others do.

as for sourcing it in nimbin, i highly doubt you'd get it from the streets, have to chat up some of the locals, even then it could be hard as the ammount of effort / time / resources to make oil are taxing and not everyone wants to give it out.

Edited by The Stoned Jester
  • Upvote 2

I've already messed around with it. I've had it for about 5 months and I've tried a lot of different natural therapies to help, nothing has worked, I'm currently trying homeopathy but that hasn't worked either. I guess I just read up on the side effects that can happen when you use drops for ear infections and what not. Should I schedule to see a doctor again and get new drops? 

I have what used to be called 'glue ear'... It's a chronic middle ear problem and I have to say the treatment has much less impact than the potential problems that can arise from failure to treat ear infections.

Leaving an infection to fester can result in chronic otitis media, permanent deafness, vestibular neuritis, labyrinthitis, mastoiditis, perforated ear drum, meningitis, facial nerve damage and Meniere's disease.

It's upto you to choose how you treat the infection, but if it was me, I'd go biomedical, slap down the infection as quickly as possible and preserve what is left of my hearing.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you haven't done any permanent damage... but if it has progressed to the inner ear you may need an oral antibiotic (or two) as well as ear drops.

If you are prescribed pills please take them until the course is finished... even if your ears feel better before you get to the end of the packet, finish the pills. Failure to follow through and finish a course of antibiotics is the first step to breeding an antibiotic resistant strain of the bug now living in your ear(s).

Kenacomb is the most commonly used ear sludge (I wont call it drops because it is pretty thick) and it will fill the ear canal, significantly reduce your hearing for a week... once the course of treatment is finished your hearing will return as the sludge drains away.

It feels crappy, but do your best to keep your fingers and any foreign objects out of your ears (no scratching with a car key, no cotton buds, etc), scratching will cause more inflammation and more pain (even though it might feel good while you are doing it).

I hope it works out ok for you, lou.

• Upvote 2