Newbie searching for tried and tested HID lights

Can you draw your air from outside ? 

I set up similar to jez1 but my air intake is 200mm duct connected to a window that draws air from outside the shed .

A few layers of fly screen over the window and spray painting all the ducting matt black makes it very difficult to see from outside .

Dont grow in summer plan everything around the hot months .

post-47905-0-31257600-1390628838_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

It will definitely be a problem.

Does the garage air get circulated at all or is it shut up tight?

I can't vent outside either and my exhaust does raise the ambient temps but in turn that room has ways of cooling and exhausting.

Where is the air going to come from for your intake? If that's from the garage as well its gunna get way hot if you cant exhaust your garage air. I find my tent is about 4 degrees hotter than whatever the ambient temp is outside the tent, but my ambient temps don't go up like yours will. Check how hot your garage gets?

Most people don't grow in summer because of these temp problems anyway. Just use the hot weather for research :D

Good Luck

Thanks again for the replies everyone,

Nice pic Badseed, looks like a good solution and is certainly a possible option with my situation.

The garage situation does have some advantages, the windows are on the south facing wall which is the coolest wall - never gets direct sunlight and radiates the least amount of heat from the outside, the garage does have airflow and no direct sun on from the top as it's on the bottom of a split level, most days it's pretty mild in there, with the exception of the 35-40 stinkers.

Maybe with a setup with airflow from a cool-tube being vented externally out the window using a method similar to Badseed's example, all year growing could be a possibility. Intake air would be best taken from the ambient garage air which if I had to guess is always around 12 degrees cooler than outside, will measure and post results for anyone interested in knowing.

This thread has gone a bit off the original topic I think I should migrate it to a grow diary thread! I don't know if this is possible

Anyway, the first thing to do is start measuring the ambient temp / humidity of the garage and take it from there.

Cheers all thanks for the input and stay happy

Dimmo  :bang:

I ended up going with a 600w cool-tube and magnetic ballast, space is a little over 1m2 at least there will be no shortage of light. 2 x 150mm duct fans, one for the light one for the room intake. They're a bit noisy for my liking, thinking of fan speed controllers to try and reduce the noise. No carbon filter yet am going to try a cabin filter across the outlet of the room and see how long I can get away with it. Would rather slow down the circulation than use a massive carbon filter and big fans.