How many regenerations are possible for a single plant?

You have read it incorrectly, harvest, put under 18/6 and in roughly three weeks put it back into 12/12, harvest again in 6 to 10 weeks depending on the strain. All up 9 weeks or more. To tell the truth I leave them about 1 more week in veg before I turn them when I use this method. So make that 10 weeks all up. They grow very fast once the new branches break out of the buds and they continue to grow in the first three weeks of 12/12.

Clones - take a clone, roots come through in approx 10 days, put it under 18/6 for about another 4/6 weeks, turn the lights to 12/12 and harvest in 6 to 10 weeks depending on strain. All up 12 weeks or more.

• Upvote 3

ok... so we are revegeing and not cloning.. to save two weeks? maybe... dependant on strain, and conditions..?? 

ive taken cuttings of lush bb in flower and it took longer than three weeks for the cutting to be producing 'normal' (five plus fingers) leaves, 

and these leaves being the solar panels for the buds, they would be better big. and plentiful..

id like to see this idea work, but there must be a reason why the big places in the states growing large numbers use cloning as a method of production, if you could revege in shorter times and yeild more im sure the commercial guys would have jumped that idea.

good luck with the idea.. 

Peace

vape

• Upvote 1

:offtopic:

question was ...

How many regenerations are possible for a single plant?

not how long a reveg or clone cycle takes 

i have no expriance in this ...so i posted a link to a grower that has...

all the best ,Sam

sorry to get a bit off topic..  i got carried away!! lol 

was trying to understand why?? you would need to revege aplant over and over..

point taken.. 

thanks for the heads up!!

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

I'm thinking that it might be interesting to try this for a couple of reasons:

1. No need to get more seeds into the country. This is cheaper, and less prone to failure due to AU Customs.
  2. Seedlings are fragile, so there's a dangerous phase early on where they can die easily. Big plant is more resilient.
  3. Some of the sources I've read indicate that after harvest, you need only reveg for a couple of weeks, then throw it back into flowering. This seems like it would be faster than starting again from seed.
  4. I can't clone. No idea why, but it never, ever works for me. Gypsy curse maybe..? So, I'm looking for alternatives.
  5. I'm curious.
Edited by SpaceMonkey23
  • Upvote 1

Yes you can reveg a plant many times, however after a couple of times it starts to get a bit difficult.

Three weeks and you leave a few buds and leaves on it. Multiple branches form from each bud that you leave on the plant.

Not hard work and takes less time than a clone before you can turn it to budding mode. Select the right branches to keep, cut out the rest and you can turn a revegged plant into one that produces a much larger yield than the first time around.

I agree with your last point have done reveg before and always found an increased yield on the reveged plant

• Upvote 1

was trying to understand why?? you would need to revege aplant over and over..

For instance if you don't have a separate mother/veg area sirvape, or perhaps aren't home all week to keep an eye on clones or you find you have a ball tearer of a female come harvest and you forgot to take clones

Cyclops and Samurai are correct it takes about 3 weeks for a plant to reveg and about 1 - 2 weeks to trim and shape them up ready for flowering again depending if you're going for a scrog grow say.

Yes clones can be put through faster if you have the veg area, but you're still looking at least a week or more under the big light before flicking the lights to 12/12 depending on your numbers and 1 big plant revegged I doubt you'd be able to get a clone as big and as bushy as a revegged plant in 3 weeks even.

They can be revegged for as long as you can keep the plant healthy and usually need a root trim after 6 months or so depending on the pot size.

There are so many variables to growing and the circumstances to which people have to adapt. Reveg is definately a useful option depending on your situation.

post-11113-0-12557100-1375011763_thumb.jpg

An easy way to repot is to cut the bottom out of an 8 litre pot and let the roots grow through into a tub of coco/perlite... when it's time to repot simply rip the plant straight off the top of the tub and sit straight on top of a fresh tub of coco/perlite. The plant doesn't even know it's been repotted  ;)
That one above was revegged 4 times and repotted once.
Outdoor plants can be harvested, repotted and revegged indoors as well, they need about 1/3of an ounce(15-20 nice little popcorn buds) left on to survive and kick on, well worth it.
  • Upvote 4

Thankyou for explaining that Bufo, i can see the benefits if you dont have a clone/vege space...  or you want to keep the genetics.. of a great pheno.. or limited grow space.

just so im clear.... at harvy you leave some 'buds' on the plant.. then you revege it(18/6) for 3 weeks then flip again? ..sounds too easy. lol

i might just give it a try one day, if i need to..

thanks again.

Peace

Vape4life..