How many regenerations are possible for a single plant?

So, this might be described as a question about 'extreme growing', but I'm curious about the possible potential for regenerating plants after harvest again and again for as long as possible. Thus, if a person were to grow a plant from seed, run it through veg, then flower, then harvest the plant but leave some leaves etc. on the plant, and then reveg for a few weeks, then go into flowering, and so forth ad nauseam - how long can a person theoretically do this for?

I've read in some other sources that a cannabis plant might be kept alive for up to 12 years if it's cared for properly and provided with the right lighting etc. Wondering if it would be possible to veg/flower/harvest/veg/flower/harvest... on and on multiple times, each time getting a decent (though probably not optimal) harvest from the plant? Has anybody tried this sort of thing, and if so how many times did you do it?

hi... just wondering why you would want to do this? other than for shits and giggs lol.

. seems like a lot of hard work, for a very little return??,

i believe you would get a way better result cloning , and keeping a 'mum' if preservation of genetics is your motivation?

Peace

Goodluck

Vape4life

• Upvote 1

Yes you can reveg a plant many times, however after a couple of times it starts to get a bit difficult.

You wouldn't be able just to reveg for a few weeks, a few months more like.

imo.

peace

Three weeks and you leave a few buds and leaves on it. Multiple branches form from each bud that you leave on the plant.

hi... just wondering why you would want to do this? other than for shits and giggs lol.

. seems like a lot of hard work, for a very little return??,

i believe you would get a way better result cloning , and keeping a 'mum' if preservation of genetics is your motivation?

Peace

Goodluck

Vape4life

Not hard work and takes less time than a clone before you can turn it to budding mode. Select the right branches to keep, cut out the rest and you can turn a revegged plant into one that produces a much larger yield than the first time around.

• Upvote 2