was hacking my way thru my local bushland when i came across a black box which looked sus as, had been there a while showing rust and what not, but never the less needed investigating, was posting this to warn my fellow outdoorsmans that they can and do bug bushlands with recording devices such as this one, there was a microphone inside it. I was wondering if any of you have found similar things?

post-52166-0-19168600-1387671778_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looks pretty rooted, but can't hurt to put it back where you got it from.

If its close by to your grow site, it would of been better to leave it as the owner now may go for a bit of a search to find it...

Don't forget, the police can tap your phone / email etc at the click of a finger, they are not wasting

time and money randomly recording people walking through bushland in the hope that one of them is openly talking about planting

in the bush, and if they do, what can they do there. I mean the amount of resources to the yield of results is not realistic.

Interesting devices anyway, geocaches that is...

Cyclone -

• Upvote 2

• Admin

Whilst I agree with Lou and Cyc on your find. Bushland is monitored more now days and you will find some areas have signs telling you the area is under surveillance possibly with cameras as well to match, but I think you will find this kind of surveillance is more for fire bugs and poaching. No doubt though if your spotted carrying gardening equipment etc in such an area it's more than likely going to get an unwanted visit. ;)

• Upvote 2

That's a thought Ford... maybe not a Geo, but some poor biology major's research project :tantrum:  lol

Geo's generally carry a barcode, serial number and a request to people who find it to leave it in place... there are lots of legitimate reasons to have electronics in bushland so it's probably best to leave stuff in place ... and then again a lot of old junk gets dumped in the bush too.