Do you Drink?

Do you drink Alcohol?  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a hardly, probably had 6 alcoholic drinks last year. I find too much piss does all those things to me that Cannabis is sposed to.. go figure.

2dogs, this might give you some idea about those numbers

from the National Alcohol Strategy 2006 - 2009

Over the past decade there has been a steady increase in the proportion of the Australian population who drink, reaching 83 percent in 2004 (AIHW 2005).

1.46 million Australians consume alcohol on a daily basis, 600,000 (41

percent) of whom are aged sixty years or older (AIHW 2005).

If you substituted alcohol for cannabis in that last quote, the Govt would consider them to be dependent.

One in five (20.6 percent) Australians drink at levels that are risky or a high risk

of harm in the short-term at least once a month. This is particularly evident

among young adults (AIHW 2005)

Edited by DownUnderDoper

I used to drink and smoke together quite a bit and love the effect but i found that i was increasing the alcohol gradually and it ended up being too much. i ended up a bit depressed so i gave up the drink and the depression stopped within 2 days (yep i still smoked the pot). anyway now i keep my drinking to 1 night per week or less. i think i'm happpy just smoking mostly. i still enjoy special nights on the booze especially if theres the right music involved. :P

yeah fellas, genuine ex-pisspot here...nearly 11 years since the last one..(two,three,four.... :thumbsup: )

Nowadays, alcohol is just not part of me anymore, but I still remain silently vigilant.

Funny hey, the alcohol turned a nice bloke like me into a c**t (no other word) so many times, as well as all the other shit that goes with it.

But the smoko, I stay the same nice bloke, only nicely bent. :rolleyes:

Absolutely nothing against alcohol, I say go for it fellas if ya enjoy it. :xcited: I'd be there with ya's if I wasn't an alky. :peace:

Pisses me sometimes though that society is duped surrounding issues of marijuana legalisation.

Cheers

If i have no smoko i drink like a fish out of water.

But when i do have weed my drinking only cuts down by a 1/3.

But doing home brew it a shit load cheaper than buying a case or 3 a week when all it cost me is $15-20 for 7-10 days worth of home brew on tap...