New Look, Same wonderful cannabis community

Yeah,tiny thin light grey font on white background. Great idea. Who thought of that one???? !!!   ..and NO, I'm not going to change backgrounds, use other software or muck about with setiings just because of this ridiculous "upgrade".

So basically'''It stinks.

Cheers and farewell.

• Downvote 3

Tracy I think you are being a bit hard on the admin's here... As somone who is admin on an unrelated forum, it is at times a thankless task. One which is generally volunteer and is something which takes a lot of your time.

Decisions such as the one to change the look of the forum are made in good faith with the desire to improve all aspects of the forum. If all is not to your satisfaction, that is regretable I am sure, but in no way intentional.

I generally find that these things have a way of sorting themselves out over time. The font and weight of a post is in your hands, as you can set these parameters yourself. As I have done. 

If the default forum font is too light perhaps the admin and IT guys could look into the universal default settings to set a stronger font. That is a good suggestion, I am sure they would consider.

But if you just walk away we are all the poorer... All I say is give it time. I am sure that they are working hard at getting this right. I think we should appreciate that.

Take care.

"D"

Edited by distiller
  • Upvote 5

• Admin

Yeah,tiny thin light grey font on white background. Great idea. Who thought of that one???? !!!   ..and NO, I'm not going to change backgrounds, use other software or muck about with setiings just because of this ridiculous "upgrade".

So basically'''It stinks.

Cheers and farewell.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated as has already been put forth in the topic but your post is of little help... If you would like to provide some helpful feedback for us please do so preferably by posting a topic in the feedback forum.

As mentioned the main default font colour has already been adjusted as requested within this topic. I'm not 100% sure on which font you are even talking about so if you or anyone else could fill me in that would be great.

Personally I had been using the dark theme until I began working on the new look and haven't had an issue making the switch but can understand how the change may be a little intense. The original dark theme is also still currently available but only to 420 Crew members. It will be replaced early 2014 with a new dark theme based of the new layout.

• Upvote 2

I think she might be talking about the smaller text after thread titles...

post-20731-0-14753200-1386552325_thumb.gif

I have old eyes and I get regular migraines, but really haven't had a problem with the new layout. I noticed the extra brightness for a little while, but we humans are remarkably adapable critters and it's presenting no issues for me now.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.