Help- 2 newbs have no idea

Hi I am a total newb to trying to grow the plant and had a nice (named variety) indoor pot-plant growing quite some time ago but due to house reno's sent it on holiday to a friends place (who is a total newb as well) where it lives outdoors.  Due to distance Ive only seen it once or twice since then.

A while back it was very healthy and starting to Flower  but slight signs of going dry around the edges of the leaves which I thought was due to the recent strong winds, later the drying was much worse so I gave them some potash after trying to diagnose the problem via cannaversity.

Its very worse for wear looking now but neither of us know when its ready to harvest to at least try it out.

Can someone tell us if its ready yet, not ready yet or gone too far?

(and any suggestions on the leaf damage would be appreciated too)

post-50277-0-87440700-1385686496_thumb.jpg

post-50277-0-80685600-1385686526_thumb.jpg

post-50277-0-57753200-1385686825_thumb.jpg

post-50277-0-22795200-1385686909_thumb.jpg

It is in pro-mix potting mix (contains water crystals and seasol) with general purpose osmocote added. The plant was feed on ozi- magic-"gro juice" about twice a week when I had the plant, it was transferred with 2 litres of mix but as far as I can suss it appears the other person was giving it fishtank water (fresh water not salt) and very rarely (perhaps almost never) giving the food as directed and it appeared to me that its growth slowed dramatically during that time. Eventually it started to flower at least 4 weeks ago maybe as long as 6? (I cant really remember when as I was only told about it) and I asked that they change the food to ozi-magic-"monsta bud" once they had told me about it starting to flower. I did see a few days later  and I left some mix for them but I am again suss they wernt feeding as requested although at that time it looked lovely and green and quite happy.  

I saw the plant again about 2 weeks later and the leaves were getting dry looking bits around the edges of the leaves which I thought was just wind damage from the recent storms, however 2 weeks or so later I saw it again and the dying was much worse and looked a lot like the potash deficiency in cannaversity so I gave them some potash solution and they applied about 1.5 litres to the plant and pot.

As far as I now they keep the potting mix damp, letting it dry reasonably well but not fully drying out then water it  until some water runs out the bottom of the pot.

I do not know what the PH is at the moment.

Edited by Eccentric

It looks like nute burn with a bit of lockout to go along with it

Are you sure about what your mate has fed it ?

She is not beyond hope, but your final product will not be as good as it should have been.

It is a bit hard to flush without knowing the PH and water crystals won't help

You need to know the PH of your water/nutes

If it is 6 weeks into flower then it will have around 2 to 3 weeks yet to finish.

If you can't save her, trim up the buds and smoke em........... :greedy:

To "flush it" do I just pour a heap of ordinary water on it?

Yes, with about 3 or more  x the volume of the pot. A light feed to finish, then slowly feed her back up as she requires

But you need to use water with a PH of 6.5 for soil. 6.5 is the best PH for soil to stop nutrient lockouts.

Your water PH may be well above this.

It does look like nute burn, what it was fed should not have really caused it though. Was it measured out ?

PH and ec pens would be one of your best investments if you want to grow. It can save all of this trouble

post-53157-0-02248700-1385732538_thumb.jpg

Edited by See
  • Upvote 1