Lebanon cannabis trade thrives in shadow of Syrian war

Lebanese marijuana grower Abu Sami is practically rubbing his hands together with glee: the Syrian conflict has paralysed authorities at home and left the nearby border virtually uncontrolled. "This year, the harvest was abundant, and the authorities have left us alone because they are otherwise occupied," he tells AFP in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa region. The area shares a long, porous border with ...

View the full article

• Upvote 1

In the mid to late 1970's I was lucky enough to buy ounces [usually] of Lebanese Blond hashish a few times. It was quite rare. It's colour ranged from a honey nougat to a rich caramel, the latter being known as Lebanese Gold. There were often layers of different shades. Once warmed in the hands, it was very pliable 'putty'. It wasn't a classic couchlock hash stone at the beginning of the 4 hour high. Very relaxing & uplifting at the same time. My all-time favourite above all else.

There were also a couple of pathetic imitations that flooded Sydney in the early to mid 1980's, no doubt trying to trade of the Leb blondes reputation.

I wonder if that's what the bloke in the interview was making?

Did anyone else sample this exquisite hash, Lebanese Blonde/Gold?

Edited by hashwizard

In the mid to late 1970's I was lucky enough to buy ounces [usually] of Lebanese Blond hashish a few times. It was quite rare. It's colour ranged from a honey nougat to a rich caramel, the latter being known as Lebanese Gold. There were often layers of different shades. Once warmed in the hands, it was very pliable 'putty'. It wasn't a classic couchlock hash stone at the beginning of the 4 hour high. Very relaxing & uplifting at the same time. My all-time favourite above all else.

There were also a couple of pathetic imitations that flooded Sydney in the early to mid 1980's, no doubt trying to trade of the Leb blondes reputation.

I wonder if that's what the bloke in the interview was making?

Did anyone else sample this exquisite hash, Lebanese Blonde/Gold?

Yeah it was the best hash around when available. Beautiful crumbly golden, didn't need to use much in a joint. Started many a working day in the 70's with the golden hash. Ah! the good old days of cannabis.

'Crumbly'? Only crumbly blond/gold hash I've seen was the poor imitation in the 80's.

The really good Leb blond/gold hash was always very soft , known as putty hash.

Never saw crumbly blond hash in the 70's, I wonder if yours was of Lebanese origin?

And your right brick, if it's A1 hash only a very small piece is needed.

I've always wondered what the THC levels are in good commercial hash from the old world.

Edited by hashwizard