A few Documentaries on Weed

coombee

Can't say I like the greenhouse seeds guys.  They're going around the world and trading seeds which sounds cool but its messed up.  The strains they're getting are far less commercially viable than the ones they're giving the farmers so they'll cross breed or outright only grow the commercial stuff from then on.  Not all will but you can be lots will which will be devastating for the gene pool at large and the only ones who'll have the originals will be greenhouse seeds.  Screw those guys.

• Upvote 6

I did think about that doctor. Your right but I still enjoy the docos.

The idea of them getting of their arse to find the best land races rather then just keep crossing commercial strains to make so something different appeals to me though.

I admit I got hooked into them a bit too but I quickly saw them for what they were, a publicity thing to try and stop the hate due to people seeing them as the hitlers of the the cannabis world.  They needed to be seen as taking huge risks to bring the genetics to the world instead of taking advantage of some of the most hard off people and then forever tainting the one major thing they had to offer the world.  If they were just talked about by growers and seen like that they'd be boycotted in a heartbeat but because they made a doco that portrayed them as good guys that are going to bring those ancient genetics to the world in a more grower friendly form they're held in high esteem by a great number of people.  It might be appealing to watch but all I heard was them laughing and telling me to go fuck myself once I realised the truth so I can't even watch them now.  Its a shame they ruin it.  Without them it would just be a hunt for ancient genetics, buying the seeds for a fair price and then the world gets access which would be the best show ever.

• Upvote 1

Gotta agree doc. They are so full of themselves and only see a $ sign on every leaf. The boat with the mull groupies on it, showed they aren't in it to help people. Only fill their bank accounts.

And you can bet your arse they did not put themselves in any danger whilst in the mountains. Gunshots in the morning, ha ha. Talk it up guys!

Edited by brick
  • Upvote 2

Doc,, Love your work... dont get me wrong..

But these landraces have existed regardless of the introduction of new varieties for time immemorial.... You think ghs has the potential to destroy the genuine landraces ? .... interesting. Might just be possible .. GH seeds are for the commercial growers... Bang for buck and high yielding.. i dont see those kinda growers complaining about ghs' wares.

peas.

Edited by RadiateLight

Doc,, Love your work... dont get me wrong..

But these landraces have existed regardless of the introduction of new varieties for time immemorial.... You think ghs has the potential to destroy the genuine landraces ? .... interesting. Might just be possible .. GH seeds are for the commercial growers... Bang for buck and high yielding.. i dont see those kinda growers complaining about ghs' wares.

peas.

They're going to remote areas where the genetics are likely to be untainted,  grabbing tons of seeds and then leaving behind tons of their stuff.  They act like they're doing them a favour by leaving behind their genetics because they depend on commercial cultivation for survival but the reality is they're creating the very problem that's forced them to seek out such remote places.  The villagers will grow what makes them the most money so the gene pool will suffer over time just like everywhere else and they're doing everything they can to ensure that happens including giving out packs of seeds to school aged children so they can hook multiple generations to westernised strains.  They know full well what they're doing as it's their business model.  They're hoping these docos serve as proof of collection of strains thought to be extinct in the wild so they can use the names to make money.  It's both brilliant and the worst thing to happen to cannabis since the war on drugs begun.  Screw those guys...

• Upvote 1