ROOR PURE SMOKE KULTURE

The difference between high end bongs and regular bongs is really the manufacturing quality.

High end brands I currently sell are EHLE, G-SPOT and MERLIN.

All 3 of these are made from german SCHOTT DURAN glass, which is laboratory grade borosilicate. All three of those companies also temper the glass in an oven and anneal the glass to reduce surface tension.

From handling thousands of bongs over the last few years I can tell you that does make a huge difference.

The good U.S brands also use SCHOTT glass and are tempered, without tempering and removing surface tension then it doesn't matter how thick the glass is it will break.

Having said all that, if you drop a bong on tile floor it will probably smash no matter what it is made of.

ROOR bongs can be repaired, the same as the EHLE bongs I sell. Of course unless you spend a considerable amount of money on it, sending it back to Germany is probably not a worthwhile option. But definately worth keeping in mind.

High end bongs do not smoke better than low end bongs and there is definately no smart reason to buy one. But a $50 watch tells the time just as good as a $2000 watch. Some people are enthusiast smokers and like to have a nice high end bong, even if it isn;t smart money. There will always be a market for both practical bongs and high end bongs.

Hi Paul

We have a headshop in the UK selling all types of paraphernalia. From experience find yourself a good wholesaler in Australia and stock a good range of the cheaper end for immediate delivery.

Then all the higher end stuff ,be honest, and tell your customer you  sell to order. Also the top advice you have had already, find a glassblower in Australia and sell high end unique personalised glass hand blown bongs to order. Best of luck with your venture whatever you choose.

Hi Pukka, thanks for the advice, it is great to hear from a headshop overseas.

I think the one big thing that makes doing business here in Australia different is freight.

Air freighting glass from Europe or North America is too expensive, it would be impossible to make money and sell them at a reasonable price. I have found my only real option is to import pallets by sea, which means about 3 months before they arrive. It is probably the biggest headache I have to deal with.

ROOR will never make me as much money as lower end brands, but I really would like to sell the most recognizable and respected brand there is.

Taking advance orders would be great, but with a 3 month wait it wouldn't be practical. Air freighting small orders is a possibility but the customer would probably be better off ordering them directly from ROOR or from a European company.

Edited by ozbongs

The option you should be following with the ROOR glass company is when you procure an order is to get ROOR to fulfill the order direct for you. Many suppliers are happy to do this.

When you have a good relationship with them, after a period of time of good sales, you can the broach the subject of a sale or return deal.

Edited by Pukka Budz

Well I have a ROOR order currently in production.

When it arrives I will have blue label 100, 250 & 500 ml tubes.

3.2mm Lil Sistas

5mm Lil Sistas

Some custom 5mm Lil Sistas

5mm Ice Masters, plus a few customs

Zumos

A few of the new Snapper and Tiny Sistas

Diffuser downstems, bowls and components

A few pre-coolers

hats, t-shirts, keyrings, stickers etc

So not a huge range initially but a start.

ETA? well I'm unsure how I will ship it at this stage, I will look at pallet size when production is finished.

I will also be listed on the ROOR site as an Authorized distributor... so you know it's genuine.

For those that are not aware.. all of the roor sold in Australian shops currently is fake.. not most of it, ALL of it.

• Upvote 3

Hi Ozbongs, 

any chance of stocking the Diamond Grinder?

Its apparently made of a Medical Grade Polycarbonate much better for you then aluminium. 

I read some good reviews on another site a while ago and have been wanting one ever since but can only find shops that don't ship to AUS so I gave up.

oh and they are supposed to be relatively cheep as well like $20 or something.

cheers

Hey Paul,

I'm one of your customers, I've already bought 2 bongs from you and I'm considering grabbing a 5mm Ehle right now. I just wanted to say I'd buy a Roor or a Toro, etc, I understand the Toro's go in to the thousands which is getting to be a lot for a bong but speaking for myself, I certainly don't mind dropping a few hundred on a nice new piece.

P.S. Great bong shop BTW, best in AU I reckon but please expand your Molino's, I got the V2 Mad Scientist from you, now I need their ultimate one, the V4.

-Jake

Ozbongs.com.au don't sell Legit bongs, I paid for a G-spot bong that has numerous faults in it, It's meant to be backed by G-spot's warranty, Mine broke with the simplest little touch of wood that if you did the same thing to a baby wouldn't have even gotten a response, Only they tell you after 14 days it's not their problem, Only i've written an email to G-spot themselves an They've been hearing more than just one person giving out bad rep for Ozbongs.com.au - They are dodgy and they are selling fake bongs, And i have photos of MINE to prove it. Not ot mention in two months they've had 75 calls about Ozbongs selling dodgy stuff - They didn't believe i'd do this, well i am i want EVERYONE to know they are selling dodgy stuff and i'll show all the evidence i need to, Including what the guy from G-spot themselves said.

• Downvote 1

Ozbongs.com.au don't sell Legit bongs, I paid for a G-spot bong that has numerous faults in it, It's meant to be backed by G-spot's warranty, Mine broke with the simplest little touch of wood that if you did the same thing to a baby wouldn't have even gotten a response, Only they tell you after 14 days it's not their problem, Only i've written an email to G-spot themselves an They've been hearing more than just one person giving out bad rep for Ozbongs.com.au - They are dodgy and they are selling fake bongs, And i have photos of MINE to prove it. Not ot mention in two months they've had 75 calls about Ozbongs selling dodgy stuff - They didn't believe i'd do this, well i am i want EVERYONE to know they are selling dodgy stuff and i'll show all the evidence i need to, Including what the guy from G-spot themselves said.

To this point every bong i have got from Ozbongs has been the real deal.

I have made an order where they sent the wrong item after i got in touch with them they resent the rite item with no cose to me and let me keep the wrong one to boot.

And will deal with them again...

To this point every bong i have got from Ozbongs has been the real deal.

I have made an order where they sent the wrong item after i got in touch with them they resent the rite item with no cose to me and let me keep the wrong one to boot.

And will deal with them again...

Well i have the main guy at G-spot saying he's ready to cut australia off because of Ozbongs, so you tell me if their good or not.

• Downvote 1