ROOR PURE SMOKE KULTURE

There was mention of a member who was into glass blowing, a while back there was also a member from Russia, Siddie, who did some brilliant marble pipes.

I still use an Agung glass bong, same one I've had for the past three years. Grommets getting a little tired, but nothing the ol bluetack cant handle!

Yep Siddie has some beautiful marble pipes https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/59092-my-hobby-marble-pipes/   I think he has a facebook site, but buggereed if I can find it.

edit* found it:  https://www.facebook.com/sidPipeStone

Edited by Ford Fairlane

How much demand for genuine ROOR would there be in Australia?

A couple of months ago I received a phone call out of the blue from Martin Birzle who is the owner of ROOR in Germany and we have emailed a few times since.

From the phonecall I learnt that Martin and his company were not only fully aware that fake ROOR products were being imported and distributed all over Australia, but they were also intending to lodge paperwork with the Australian government and then take legal action against the importer when that paperwork was approved.

I don't know what stage this legal action is at but I have noticed that some of the online sites have removed their fakes?

He also offered me permission to import and sell genuine ROOR. Which I assume he believes will help combat the fakes.

I am a massive fan of bongs and smokeware and would love to stock ROOR and intend to do so, but I am not sure how much demand there would be, especially considering that fakes are everwhere and if that has reduced the value of the brand here?

It would be quite an investment to get started and I have been musing about viability of it for the last couple of months and can't make up my mind.

If anyone is interested in Genuine ROOR glass I would love to hear what sort of products etc, ie little sista, dealers cup, icemaster etc, price range, glass thickness accessories you like.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul

We have a headshop in the UK selling all types of paraphernalia. From experience find yourself a good wholesaler in Australia and stock a good range of the cheaper end for immediate delivery.

Then all the higher end stuff ,be honest, and tell your customer you  sell to order. Also the top advice you have had already, find a glassblower in Australia and sell high end unique personalised glass hand blown bongs to order. Best of luck with your venture whatever you choose.

Hello , I believe there is a practical reason to getting a nice bong , I have had a few glass bongs and ceramic bongs (cheaper ones around $50-$70) over the years and they all get dropped , tipped over and smashed ..... this has always made me steer away from nice bongs , but last year some members convinced me that a nice $200 + bong wouldnt smash like the cheaper ones so I got a nice 9mm hvy bong .... since then ive dropped it tipped it over and had friends do the same and the only thing that has happened was the bong water spills and stinks up the joint ( hehe )

I havent really had a good look at ROOR bongs but would consider getting one (as long as it doesnt have rasta colours all over it , not a fan) but mainly I want some nice slides ..... was waiting for the 2014 420 sale great race to get a new bong and slide but if some one was going to sell nice ROOR on OZ Stoners I would have to look at them first

Cheers :) Brimstond

Damn those stone pipes are nice, be good if someone local was doing that sort of thing.

If I was young and had the time I would love to learn something like that, or learn glass blowing etc. I don't think I would have the artistic talent for it though.

I completely agree Ozbongs. I would love to have a crack at glassblowing. Would be hot, hard work I'd imagine