Planning to switch to LED grow lights. Your Opinions/Suggestions/Exper

Props on going the DIY kits from Cutter.

When I built my LED lights I had to order all my stuff from overseas.

These Cutter kits make the whole process much easier for DIYers in Australia.

I highly recommend the kits from Cutter ... equal yield of better quality with 2/3rd the wattage compared to HPS ... 

However if your looking for the very latest and greatest LED COBs take a look over at builds using Citizen COB LEDs on the rollitup forum as they have superior the Cree chips that are used in the Cutter kits (Cree was the best now their is Citizen which is even better).

I would be happy to help design and build LED lights for anyone running a Medical grow op ... LED lights produce the best medicine since its full spectrum in a controlled environment.

Hi hash I have been growing with LED for a year I find the Dominator xl to be excellent good vegetive large well formed buds . Don't over crowd them trim the big green leaves to aid penetration. Tried scrod I am currently trying sog very good single heads just about to harvest my third crop I have no complaints.they are expensive the good ones $2000 but you get what you pay for. I also have 300 watt mars very good for veg stage but won't grow buds hope this helps

I had not visited oz stoners forum in a while.

I noticed a few threads where the majortity of posts were giving un-informed advice about LED lights for growing plants with very high intensity requirements.

Frankly these uninformed posts made me feel a little sorry for the growing community here and I wanted to set the record straight.

I particularly felt bad for the posters who wanted to try LEDs and were getting bad advice and being discouraged.

For me personally I like to save electricity for environmental reasons. I want to encourage the use of DIY LED to reduce the impact of indoor growing on the environment. Its upsetting when this tech gets bashed as it can save so much power if adopted widely which is ultimately good for the planet.

The thread I linked on rollitup has started somewhat of a DIY craze and for good reason as these are the 1st consistent repeatable results from LED lighting tech that are truely a step up from HID. I simply wish to share this info with the Australian growing community. I believe that there are many Australian growers have a head for science that when given the right information will be encouraged to try DIY LED (and I believe most growers that try a cxa3070 or cxa3590 DIY LED light will make the switch and get rid of all their HID).

I did purposefully acuse members of having their heads in the sand to get a reaction.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

That said you cannot argue with facts: The efficency of the latest generation of LED COB chips particularly the Cree CXA3070 and CXA3590 surpasses all HID lighting technology. You get more lumens and a better spectrum than any other lighting technology per watt of electricity.

Another reason I linked to another forum is those that claim LED tech is superiour are allways shot down for not providing photographic proof of results.

The LED and other lighting forum has all of this. There are grow journals with side by side 1000W HPS and ~600W LED that yeild very similarly.

To those that say LED cannot reach the intensity required. A CXA3070 driven at ~50w is so intense that It will burn a plant just like an HPS does. Must be kept at least 20cm from the canopy or the tops get crispy, with no lense and no reflector. Hold your hand a few inches from the light emmiting surface of a CXA and you feel the same heat on your hand as you woud from an HID. There are reflectors and lenses to further focus the light, I belive its possible to match and even beat the intensity of a 1000w HPS.

Rather than a DIY one, is there one you can purchase online that you'd recommend?