Planning to switch to LED grow lights. Your Opinions/Suggestions/Exper

Check out the cree website. Been watching the development of super efficient LEDs for a while. Until now problem has been intensity. As intensity increases efficiency decreases and more energy is converted into heat. You need a combination of high intensity LEDs and a broader spectrum. Targeting the narrow bands 'grow' LEDs do is not enough, i.e. just a red and blue spike. Plants make use of more of the spectrum of visible light than just red and blue, something called the sieve effect. So when super intense, super efficient white LEDs come out it'll be a game changer. Cree are close

My first grow was with LEDs only in soil, one old ebay unbranded thing and a couple of the newer EShine 320w units - maybe it is just inexperience but I was always disappointed with the progress. 

Comparing to other journals from here and other places I was constantly running behind, yields were average - 1/2 oz from a mistreated auto and 1 oz from each of 2 other standard females, I still have 2 flowering and should get about 2 from one and maybe four or five from the other, the smoke itself is fantastic, better than anything I've bought for a long time but it's taking forever. I've decided to add some CFLs to assist as recommended by many people.

I haven't kept a diary as I should, but to give you some numbers - I have a Sleestack X Skunk that has been flowering since mid Jan and still looks to have a couple of weeks left (no amber, about 1 in 10 cloudy and still has white pistils) - based on the size and yield of the 2 finished plants I'm guessing I'll get 2 oz off this, the Kosher Kush that is in with it took a few extra weeks to switch and is moving so slowly, buds are only now starting to thicken up and I have no idea how much longer it needs or how much I will get, but if it fattens up like the others I would guess 4 or 5 oz, I only added the 1st of 4 CFLs yesterday, I'll update here if I see any notable difference - but the real test will be the next grow that will have them from start to finish.

• Upvote 1

Of course, the LED Grow Lights work great on Cannabis indoor growing, it saves money. I use a wayet-lighting 600w LED Grow light for mine, and got a very positive feedback.

Hope it could help you people who would like to use LED Grow LIghts

Edited by Ozzy420
pls stop spamming

LEDs work and currently the best LEDs on the market will smash even CMH or double ended HPS in terms of both quality and yeild (grams per watt).

All those that disagree simply lack the knowledge of where the technology is at present.

The best white LEDs on the market have a significantly higher efficency than HID as well as a better spectrum.

Only the very best LED grow lights match HID (apachetech and Area51 from personal exp).

To really smash HID performance its nessary to DIY.

I built one, draws 150w and smashes a 250w HPS.

In the same forum linked you will find side by sides where roughly 600w of LED = 1000W HPS (but quality is superior on the LED side).

HID will be gone in 5 to 10 years not just in horticulture in almost every application where HID is currently used.

It has very recently been surpassed by LED but in the next few years HID will get smashed and LED costs will come down massively as LED takes over the markets currently dominated by HID.

Its worth understanding that presently there are no good cheap LED lights. The best off the shelf LED grow lights for the money are Onyx Bloom and Area51. These are as good as HID not better. Better requires DIY.

Edited by Ozzy420
  • Upvote 1

LEDs work and currently the best LEDs on the market will smash even CMH or double ended HPS in terms of both quality and yeild (grams per watt).

All those that disagree simply lack the knowledge of where the technology is at present.

The best white LEDs on the market have a significantly higher efficency than HID as well as a better spectrum.

Only the very best LED grow lights match HID (apachetech and Area51 from personal exp).

To really smash HID performance its nessary to DIY.

I built one, draws 150w and smashes a 250w HPS.

In the same forum linked you will find side by sides where roughly 600w of LED = 1000W HPS (but quality is superior on the LED side).

HID will be gone in 5 to 10 years not just in horticulture in almost every application where HID is currently used.

It has very recently been surpassed by LED but in the next few years HID will get smashed and LED costs will come down massively as LED takes over the markets currently dominated by HID.

Its worth understanding that presently there are no good cheap LED lights. The best off the shelf LED grow lights for the money are Onyx Bloom and Area51. These are as good as HID not better. Better requires DIY.

We all have diff points of view.

Dont mean we have our heads stuck in the sand.

You say best thing since sliced bread.

I beg to differ.

Welcome to ozstoners...