could these be gnats?

Same active constituent as the above mentioned gnatoff, again imo no need for continuous use of this product as its expensive and works well,

Yes, these types of products are a bit pricey but well worth it imo.

I only dose my medium once/grow. Better to inoculate the medium before a problem starts.

Prevention is way better than curing a problem after it gets hold.

1/2lb is enough to last me around 2 years of continual growing, which is the approx. shelf life of these type of products.

Cool, do you believe that they are active throughout the whole grow? or do you notice a resurgance in fungas gnats towards the end of cycles?

I sitll believe getting rid of pythium/rotting organic matter just as good a preventative, which only requires something like trichoderma product, which is heaps cheaper and again offers other things like increased plant growth as well.

Sorry we hijacked your thread Fudge.

We have only really expanded on your question a little. lol

Cool, do you believe that they are active throughout the whole grow? or do you notice a resurgance in fungas gnats towards the end of cycles?

I sitll believe getting rid of pythium/rotting organic matter just as good a preventative, which only requires something like trichoderma product, which is heaps cheaper and again offers other things like increased plant growth as well.

I see the odd adult now and again but they could be from elsewhere as I am using a shed.

They could also be from my grow ?

From my past experience with gnats, gnatrol works extremely well.

No arguments from me about trichoderma products either, I am using one as well.

What is the percentage of active ingredients in the bti product you are using ?

The pellets I use on my veggies outside I do not know off hand the percentage of active constituent o am using it off label as it isn't meant for potting media or gnats, but has same active constituent.

otherwise I have some gnatrol sitting there, inside I don't have gnat problems, had one little infestation few grows ago but got ontop with a spray of neem

they are rampant outside this time of the year, but if your on top of keeping the enviorment the larvae can live in run rampant no need for added products

Edited by Frank Reynolds