250w HID light in wardrobe, heat a problem, is light too powerful?

Thanks everyone. Love the coke bottles idea! Think I'm gonna try a cool tube and run lights at night. If I can get the heat down then I reckon it will be great, as the light in that space is BRIGHT!! :D

Just thought I'd mention that if you water the plants with water that's too cold it will shock them.

Naycha :peace:

can you get your fresh air from outside the shed?

+1 to this.  I'm set up in a tin shed as well, and running overnight.  I've got both intake and exhaust running from vents to the outside of the shed in a permanently shaded area.  During the day this just keeps it cooler in the tent than the shed temp, and had been keeping nighttime temps below 30 up till now.  However, it's still getting too hot where I am to run any longer (cracked 36 today) and I'm in a mad panic to get it all shut down till Autumn.  Have to say that without the external ventilation it would have stopped being viable in a shed weeks ago.  If it gets too much you might have to consider putting the plants outdoors.  Good luck, hope you at least get it worked out enough to get through to the end.

Actually, until I get the heat issues worked out I've been growing my seedlings under a set of 4 x 24w CFL globes (just regular domestic style) which I've set into a 1/2 piece of poly pipe. The globes are about 5-10cm from the seedlings, which are about a week old now. I have to say that the seedlings are really growing at a fantastic rate under the CFLs! I'm almost curious to see how far I can take them under these CFLs alone before it starts to be a problem...

hi Space monkey.. go the cooltube.. its your best chance. ..have you sorted Odour controll, you dont want a cannabis smell coming from a shed... 

summer growing has its place, i personally cant be bothered.. dealing with temps and humidity i have no control over, as paying for airconditioning to grow Cannabis just doesnt sit true with me..

..there is a direct correlation between ambient temps and humidity and ability for a plant to photosynthesize ..the higher the temps and humidity, the slower the growth, no matter how muc light you use, or what you feed it.. the plant cant produce food if it cant respire,

I hope this helps..

Vape4life

• Upvote 1

hi Space monkey.. go the cooltube.. its your best chance. ..have you sorted Odour controll, you dont want a cannabis smell coming from a shed... 

Hi Sirvapealot. Thanks for stopping by. I did get the cooltube, and I'm glad I did because it made an amazing difference to the temps. I'm also running the light at night from 20:00 - 08:00, so the temps are pretty good right now. I started flowering 4 days ago, so hopefully I might be able to finish before the temps get really stupid here in early 2014. Regardless, it's my first serious grow, so it's a good learning experience if nothing else. 

I've got a scrog screen and a nice little fan blowing across the plant tops now. The temps are highest at about 25-30C, and sometimes get up to 35C for a while if it's a really hot evening, but I don't see that happening much. 

No odour control yet. I'm gonna see how bad it gets before I do anything, because it's a tiny grow and the shed's pretty clear from the fences etc. so I'll be absolutely astonished if a neighbour can smell it! Still, I'll see how I go. 

There's a link to my main grow thread (should probably be in the grow diaries forum but I haven't spoken to the mods about moving it yet). Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for your input!

No odour control yet. I'm gonna see how bad it gets before I do anything, because it's a tiny grow and the shed's pretty clear from the fences etc. so I'll be absolutely astonished if a neighbour can smell it! Still, I'll see how I go. 

Get odour control! I thought the same thing, ended up being able to be smelt from street and got ripped.

• Upvote 2