Silver Thiosulphate STS not working

Naycha u were pretty right

I have the wrong thiosulphate

I have sodium thiosulphate pentahydrate.

I need sodium thiosulfate anhydrous

So it wouldn't matter if I sprayed them everyday, all that would happen is ill kill the plant

Back to looking for the real Thio

Either sodium thiosulfate anhydrous or sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate can be used but if using sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate it is less concentrated than sodium thiosulfate anhydrous and you need to use 1.56x more.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 1

Too dilute swap, u need to interup the plant systmeical. need to 'poison' the plant to the increeded concetration should give u the result ur looking for.

This is a resected tech for sure. But nothing beats a good male.

GL be great to see how this turns out.

Edited by iTiC

MongyMan if I'm using thiosulphate pentahydrate do I use 4.06grm to .5 of silver nitrate & if I'm using thiosulphate anhydrous I use 2.5grm

I need all the help I can get

Thanks mate

Sorry Swamp I missed this post...

The mixing ratio Nay posted earlier is correct.

Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution: Dissolve 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate Anhydrous or  2.47g if using Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate into 100 ml of water.

Silver Nitrate stock solution: Dissolve 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate  into 100 ml of water.

Silver Thiosulfate solution: Slowly pour 20 ml of silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

This makes STS with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of

[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

You can mix any amouts of STS you want so long as you keep the same 1:4 molar ratio of silver to thiosulfate.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 1

It's worked. I went out today to water them, for the last couple of days, I'd thought there were little male pods there, but today for sure

I think I only treated this bud once. I kept the plant because I'd only treated a side branch

That branch hasn't done anything

The post I first read said treat the plant every 3 days until u notice male pods.

Obviously that's wrong 1 spray is all this one had.

So excited thank you everyone for ur input

post-52145-0-10155100-1383523077_thumb.jpg

post-52145-0-31032600-1383523639_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1