Tips for wardrobe growing?

Old enuff to be your dad, and smart enough to know its a simple matter of plant size and yield, if your cupboard is 1.2m x 0.5m, which is the standard, and you can pull 30oz outta it?, then I'll pack away me 2 x 600wers and 2m x 1.4m space, and go back to me cupboard.

I'll yield a bit over 2 pound.... so you reakon you can do almost that in a smaller space..... i wanna see it...

Nibbler.

Thats ok Nibbler - You can call bullshit , has no effect on me, i know what a plant is capable of, im assuming you perhaps may not if you find that so unbelievable.

I dont actually use a cupboard these days, i upgraded, that was some time ago now, although i do still have the custom made tub for the cupboard, the custom made shade, and the cool air humidifier, if i ever so choose to knock it up again.

It contained, 800w, of hps in a custom built shade, had 5 computer fans strategicaly placed, one main exhaust and a custom made tub.

See, we were doing dwc when apparently you would drown a plant, so nibbler, i ve been told a hell of a lot you "cant" do with a plant, just not a whole lot of what you can, so we figured it out orselves..

Anyways , to appease you and your curiosity i shall see if  i can dig out a pic or two just for you..

cheers

PS - Straight to the cop thing hey.. lol.. and how old are you?

Nibbler isn't the only one that would enjoy seeing some pics of your success. We like to share info here to help each other out, and we all enjoy pics of healthy Cannabis.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 4

One suggestion I would make ESPECIALLY for a drobe is to get a cooltube.

I'm running a 400w in my drobe (1.2m x .5m) and temps are stable at about 26/27 deg.

Yes - I just got my first cooltube today! It's awesome! I'm only running a 250W MH inside a wardrobe with a 120cm fan sucking air out through a 100mm duct, but the cooltube has helped the temps immensely. Previously, the light was adding a lot to ambient temps (I'd say around +20C), now it's only adding +8C to +10C. It was a really good purchase. Makes me wonder how much extra wattage you could get in there with the right setup of fans and cooltubes (or a similar form of shielded air-cooled light housing). 

It contained, 800w, of hps in a custom built shade, had 5 computer fans strategicaly placed, one main exhaust and a custom made tub.

I'd love to see some pix of your custom built shade, and maybe some info about how you circulated the air around/ through it. Even just descriptions/plans or whatever would be great. Not because I don't believe you, but because I would like to learn about your technique! You certainly seem to be dead on the money when you say that air is a key factor. I was shocked to discover how much even a 250W HID light increased temps in my wardrobe, even with a 120cm fan sucking air out of the limited space. 

Nibbler isn't the only one that would enjoy seeing some pics of your success. We like to share info here to help each other out, and we all enjoy pics of healthy Cannabis.

Naycha :peace:

I'm keen to see some pics of the plants, and the set up too, being in a drobe myself.

Yes - I just got my first cooltube today! It's awesome! I'm only running a 250W MH inside a wardrobe with a 120cm fan sucking air out through a 100mm duct, but the cooltube has helped the temps immensely. Previously, the light was adding a lot to ambient temps (I'd say around +20C), now it's only adding +8C to +10C. It was a really good purchase. Makes me wonder how much extra wattage you could get in there with the right setup of fans and cooltubes (or a similar form of shielded air-cooled light housing). 

Good stuff SpaceMonkey.

A 120 CM fan? Sure you don't mean millimeters? ;)

In a drobe, there's no point going too nuts IMO because the plants can only use so much light, once it goes beyond what they can use it's just wasted electricity.

Unless you're adding CO2, then they can utilise more light. There's a whole science to it, all I know is that according to what I've read, in my space, 400W is a little bit of overkill. lol

But that all just one person's opinion. :)

:freak:

Katt.

• Upvote 1

Aye. Agreed.

They be some mighty claims cheddar. Ye must bring forth, one of thou photographs to back up thy stats....

By hook or by crook, thy would of killed a man to get evidence of such a bountiful harvest....

Or Witchcraft be called! Yaaargh 

yNg..........cap'n yNg beard.... Of the good ship Mary J.

Pirate of thy cannabean...

Scurge of thy 7 seeds ...

:joint:

P.s. It be thy plank for witches..... Har har Har ;D

• Upvote 4

ITs all good space monkey -It doesnt worry me if someone finds what i write unbelievable, so no stress mate, we are all allowed our opinions. I just know what i have done in the past, and its a little funny to me that some think its bullshit,  I will get some pics up for you and the rest of those that are interested as soon as i dig them out, this is a while ago now, before the digital camera, so once i find the shoebox they are in i shall scan them in, High Times mag published a photo or two in early 2000 of it, i will see if i can dig out that as well.. havent looked at any of that for a long time to be honest.

God on you for getting the cool tube, thats a good start mate - You will buy many different shades over the next years mate, and you will find whats right and what works best for you, the cool tube is a step in the right direction, i've found pushing cool air through them, v's sucking hot air out of them works best, see how you go.

Yeah a Cupboard is a great little space, they were the pre tent days and so we had to make it work. The custome shade is just a simple design, got sheet metal bent into shape (similiar to the old Ablite air cool shades, got it powder coated white, and attached a fitting at either end, so i screw in a 400 w globe either end, and it works a treat, cost bugger all really, and has lasted me 14 years so far and still going strong,

The Tub is also custom, with a stainless steel box atached to the side to house a ball float valve, and is gravity fed by a tank i use to keep above on top of the wardrobe.

Positioning of the fans is key i found, I made holes on either side at the bottom, for computer fans to draw in, then 2 more at plant level to move air,  Had just a bathroom type exhaust on the shelf above the hanging pole, and then another computer fan in the shelf section above, where i stored the ballasts , cords, etc.. All worked an absolute treat. I wired the computer fans to one main splitter boc, so it was just the one cord to plug in, made my life easier with small details like that.

During Veg, would run the cool air humidifier, and at bloom, would shut that down, and snap the main trunk, and start tying down.

Then it is a battle of tying from then on out, and raising feed weekly. You will soon end up with a hedge if done right and they will all be flower sites, so you can soon see a sea of donkey d#ck bud just cruising along.

I do things, and have done things very different to the norm and hey, it has worked for me so im not changing anything.

I'm considering doing a Grow diary on a cupboard, to perhaps opena few eyes to what a drobe is capable of, as to be honest I'm shocked that some are finding it so hard to believe?

Anyways I have nothing to prove, but would be happy to show you how i did it back in the day.

• Upvote 1

You've caught me out!!!Nibbler was right onto me,  I hang my head in shame, I just wanted to be one of the cool kids, its like a fishing story you know.. lol

So yeah, you got me, no photos, nothing to show, was all just a fantasy in my head..

I apologize to the OP for taking this thread off the topic, this is about closet growing and how we can help.. So back to that then hey.. I shall keep the old mouth shut from now on.. Cheers folks

• Downvote 4

*shakes head at Cheddar* Scoundrel 

I did get away with a 600W HPS bulb running through a digital ballast on Superlumen and while it's possible heat was always a constant concern, if I had a centrifuge instead of a inline 150mm I'd have felt more comfortable.

I wish I had the measurements of my drobe to give you, also I lined mine with TMD-40 insulation which would have been a good move if I had used a 250W but a 600W-SL I was kicking myself for not saving time, money and stress and just painting the inside flat-white

Goodluck on your grow/build dude, I'm really keen to see how it all unfolds