locating a good grow spot in the bush

heya

last year i grew some plants in my yard

but around flowering time i was so paranoid the neighbours would smell my plants that i was really stressed

so this year i want to try growing out int he bush

so i have some questions

how do u decide on a good grow spot?

do u just walk out into the middle of the bush until you find somewhere that seem good?

what kind of things make a spot good to grow in?

how do u not get lost?

and close to houses is too close?

the soil around here is sorta shit.

will i need to carry good soil out there?

and what about water?

sorry for so many questions!!

cheerio

chilliii

Hey buds, here are a few tips.

Look for a spot that is seculed, yet doesn't have dense canopy overhead. Some canopy is good, as it stays stealth, but will let sunlight in. If you can, find a spot with good proximity to a water source. The amount of work required to water plants in the peak of summer can be substantial! If you're digging into the ground, then you'll need to consider tree roots and rocks, so that will factor into where you position them. If you leave them in pots, then that's a non-issue.

Essentially, yes. Walk out into the middle of the bush until you find a spot that meets your criteria. Regarding the question of proximity to houses, it depends on circumstance. What I mean by that is that different patches of bush and different areas will result in a different answer. If you live in the city and there are bushwalking tracks all over the trails and fire trails out the back of the houses, you will want to find a spot well away from those. If you live in whoop whoop and there are no bushwalking tracks around, a few hundred metres might be fine. Use your senses for that one. And split up your plants into a few locations, so that if one gets found you don't lose everything.

To not get lost requires that you familiarise yourself with the area. Once you head out a few times, you'll figure it out. Keep in mind that you shouldn't use the same route every time you go out there as that will lead to an obvious path straight to your precious plants. So mix it up.

Yeah, carry the soil out there, don't plant in poor soil. It's a lot of work setting up a spot and carrying everything you need out there, but it's worth it. As for water, as I mentioned above, try to get a spot with good proximity to water, as in a creek with stable baseflow. If you don't then you'll have to carry a tonne of water out there over time. It'll get you fit! But it'll kill you too. lol

Hope that helps. :)

• Upvote 1

i'll just add, if you decide to plant in the ground, look for somewhere with decent soil moisture to start with, don't plant where the soil is shitty dry sandy stuff. it might seem obvious, but the obvious things are sometimes the easiest to overlook.

watersaver crystals can be ok too, but they can also draw moisture away from roots. i prefer a mix with chunky coco.

• Upvote 1