DWC plant issue Over Nitrification?

cap'n yNg

STRAIN: Liberty Haze.
GARDEN STYLE: DWC bubbler
GROWING MEDIUM/SOIL STRUCTURE: 3"net pots/perlite
POT/CONTAINER SIZE: main tub 50L
ROOM SIZE: (Length X Depth X Height) 1500X600X1800
LIGHTING & WATTAGE: 400w hps
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY: ROOM:22-29deg/30-65rH  WATER:just nudging 25deg this week
NUMBER OF PLANTS: 4
TOTAL FLOWERING TIME: @ day 23.  60-65 days on the packet
TOTAL YIELD: n/a
NUTRIENT/FEED MIX & FEEDING CYCLES: Cultiplex fruit A+B at 5ml/L. cannazyme, BAC rootstym, @ recommended dose.  Cultiplex Buds-a-million (cal/mag). @ 1ml/L

Hey guys.

Ok. Over the last 3to4 day my four little flowering clones have slowly got darker in colour and some leaves developing a droop/curl. Two of them showed signs a day before the others and bud growth has slowed. the darkening went from outside to in on the leaves.

Water/feed has been ph 5.8/1.6ec total. Roots are beautiful. Healthy and white. Water condition is good.They haven't been flushed yet and will be doing so this weekend.

Could it be a Salt/nutes build up causing the dark colour? over nitrification?   :unknw:

post-49437-0-65779000-1380115654_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-98278900-1380115718_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-38426900-1380115795_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-27916800-1380115860_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-36454000-1380115920_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-84375300-1380115992_thumb.jpg  post-49437-0-72492300-1380116054_thumb.jpg

P.s they are considerably darker in real life. the second to last pic shows the colour best.

Any feedback welcome.  :good:

yNg

:smoke:

Ask Naycha or Chato mate, they are the DWC gurus............25c seems a bit high on ya resi.... also, as water evaporated the mix will always end up more concentrated. Whats the EC of the resi like? I thought the resi had to be changed every week.

I'd be more worried about the whilting than the colour.......

Sure someone be along soon to help ya out a bit better... they won't let me play with bubbles........ lol

Peace. Nibbler.

Until you get your rootzone temps down to 23 or below there's really no telling if it's a temperature issue or a combination.

As the weather is only getting hotter you will need to put some thought into how to drop the temps. Adding an external res situated in a cool area can help as can placing your air pump somewhere it can draw cool air. If it's 29 in the room, the air your pumping into the tub will be that temp if not higher from friction.

Some lights off pics are needed if you want us to see the true colour.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 1

Ask Naycha or Chato maone's wahey are the DWC gurus............25c seems a bit high on ya resi.... also, as water evaporated the mix will always end up more concentrated. Whats the EC of the resi like? I thought the resi had to be changed every week.

I'd be more worried about the whilting than the colour.......

Sure someone be along soon to help ya out a bit better... they won't let me play with bubbles........ lol

Peace. Nibbler.

Cheers nibs :thumbsup:

Until you get your rootzone temps down to 23 or below there's really no telling if it's a temperature issue or a combination.

As the weather is only getting hotter you will need to put some thought into how to drop the temps. Adding an external res situated in a cool area can help as can placing your air pump somewhere it can draw cool air. If it's 29 in the room, the air your pumping into the tub will be that temp if not higher from friction.

Some lights off pics are needed if you want us to see the true colour.

Naycha :peace:

Thanks Naycha.

Thanks for the seperate res and airpump outside the room space tip. I'll sort that tonight. 

I have a water chiller ordered, so hopefully with that and the mods you mentioned things should improve.

Is regular water changes neccesary? And would you run the system with just ph'ed water for a while??

ill try n get some lights off pics this eve

Thanks again Nay.

take it easy

yNg :smoke:

Update on the situ.

The 4 clones are still looking ruff but no worse than yesterday.

This evening I did a full empty, clean and refill of the tub. Added a seperate res and moved the airpump down to the floor, next to the  passive inlet.

Fingers crossed the chiller comes tomorrow, temps were still 24deg once I'd finished

Here's a couple of pics of the girls outside the grow space......Naycha, I hope these are more help with your diagnoses. :)

pics of the res upgrade are on my camera. I'll Post them up soon in my diary

post-49437-0-08215800-1380205580_thumb.jpg   post-49437-0-30028500-1380206059_thumb.jpg

Any and all help/advice gratefully received

Take it easy

yNg :smoke:

• Upvote 1

Gday capt. .

The claw your getting ..can't be fixed. . In the De formed leaves. You might stop the claw with a reduction in Ec. ..the dark green and claw ive only ever had from overfeeding. . I try to keep mine arond the 1.2 mark..

And Naycha's idea of cooling the air aerating the res works..

My two cents

Peace

Vape4life