Stupid autoflowering won't flower

Earlier this year I grew an autoflowering Northern lights (Vision) in a 1 cubic metre room, went well, was a good size and I ended up with 60 grams of very nice bud.

So next I tried an autoflowering superskunk, this one grew and grew and grew until it completely filled the room and cut off all the ventilation. In desperation I took it outside to a greenhouse where it caught terminal botrytis and slowly died.

So back to the Northern lights (as I know they work) put two in this time and they have grown and grown and grown. Day 60 now and they have hit the roof and almost filled the room. These are obviously not going to flower without reducing the light period. Guess its just a matter of time till they catch botrytis and die.

So WTF is going on with these supposedly autoflowering plants? Is there something I am doing wrong that prevents these from flowering or are autos just unreliable in general. 1 I could understand but this is 3 out of 4 failing to flower

Feel like giving up !

Never understood why people grew Auto's inside anyway...

None the less, if they have hit your roof already, not sure what you can do as they will probably double in size again.

Maybe switch them back to 18/6, cut them in half, let them recover for a week and then flower then under 12/12.

What kind of lighting are you using?

Pictures??

• Upvote 1

Me either.  Indoors is about controlling the environment and autos are anything but controlled.

As for the actual problem at hand though breeding certain traits into strains such as automatic flowering isn't something that is 100% successful.  It can be extremely close though so I would say that the seeds you're growing aren't from the original f1 generation.  Did you make the seeds yourself from ones you previously bought?  If they were bought from a store I would complain to them as they've sold you a shitty product and you might get some freebies but if you made them yourself they would be f2s and as that generation throws out every trait the genetic potential will allow for it would explain your situation perfectly.

• Upvote 1

None the less, if they have hit your roof already, not sure what you can do as they will probably double in size again.

Maybe switch them back to 18/6, cut them in half, let them recover for a week and then flower then under 12/12.

What kind of lighting are you using?

Pictures??

Wrong wrong wrong

Me either.  Indoors is about controlling the environment and autos are anything but controlled.

As for the actual problem at hand though breeding certain traits into strains such as automatic flowering isn't something that is 100% successful.  It can be extremely close though so I would say that the seeds you're growing aren't from the original f1 generation.  Did you make the seeds yourself from ones you previously bought?  If they were bought from a store I would complain to them as they've sold you a shitty product and you might get some freebies but if you made them yourself they would be f2s and as that generation throws out every trait the genetic potential will allow for it would explain your situation perfectly.

Wrong Wrong Wrong

You have shitty genetics from a shitty breeder.

Who is the Breeder?

Most probably they are F1 or  F2 or maybe even F3

F1 Won't be Auto Flowering but will carry the Auto Flower Gene.

F2 Will be around 20% to 30 % Auto flowering the remaining 70% percent will require 12/12 lighting to flower

F3 Will be around 70 to 80% Auto flowering the remaining 30% percent will require 12/12 lighting to flower

F4 Will be 100% Auto flowering.

ALL my Auto's are stable and the pheno is also stable.

I'm sick of these Shitty breeders giving Auto's a bad name.

I'm also sick of people bagging Autos who have never grown them!

You 2 have no fucking idea of what you are talking about so shut the fuck up!

Chopping any plant down big time will more than likely introduce disease.

Put them on 12/12 lighting

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Dude, don't tell me to shut the fuck up, we have got a guy here with his plants about to hit his roof, auto or not auto, shit needs to be controlled or he wont get any bud at all.

Plenty of people here top plants, and i am one of them and never had any disease problems.

you tell me I'm wrong, yet your not giving ausgoty any advice to control his height problem at all.

You need to respect other members opinions here Buzzo, and stop interpreting them as fact when they are merely trying to pass their opinion to someone who needs help.

Cyclone -

Edited by Cyclone

Hi Ausgoty, if they are not auto flowering they are not auto flowering plants simple. They will need 12/12 to flower as others have said. If you can't give them more room to flower though you will have to cut them back first as Cyclone sugested. If you got them from a seed bank as auto flowering seeds it might be worth contacting them.

Wrong wrong wrong

Wrong Wrong Wrong

You have shitty genetics from a shitty breeder.

Who is the Breeder?

Most probably they are F1 or  F2 or maybe even F3

F1 Won't be Auto Flowering but will carry the Auto Flower Gene.

F2 Will be around 20% to 30 % Auto flowering the remaining 70% percent will require 12/12 lighting to flower

F3 Will be around 70 to 80% Auto flowering the remaining 30% percent will require 12/12 lighting to flower

F4 Will be 100% Auto flowering.

ALL my Auto's are stable and the pheno is also stable.

I'm sick of these Shitty breeders giving Auto's a bad name.

I'm also sick of people bagging Autos who have never grown them!

You 2 have no fucking idea of what you are talking about so shut the fuck up!

Chopping any plant down big time will more than likely introduce disease.

Put them on 12/12 lighting

What a load of  BS Buzzo.

I'm sick of pollen chuckers who call themselves breeders when they want to start telling other members to "shut the fuck up"

Get over yourself. You self apointed yourself as the "auto king" but you seem to know sfa about breeding realy.

Where did you come up with your ratios of autos in different F generations you listed? Because they are wrong.

You say "All" your autos are stable and the pheno is also stable.?

How do you breed if you only have F4+ generation seeds? (they can't be F1's - F3's from what you say above or they wouldnt ALL be stable autos) Or was that just a poor marketing pitch? When you say the pheno is stable are you saying the seeds will all grow the same single pheno?

"Chopping any plant down big time will more than likely introduce disease." If the plant has already filled the room to bursting what would you sugest instead then?

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When you cut them ausgoty, make sure you sterilize your cutters with some alcahol / metho,

also cut on a nice sloaped angle so any sap or water that comes from the cut can run off and doesn't build up.

These things will prevent any diseases from attacking your plant.

It is a risk, but letting them flower with a full room will likely result in a far worse situation than your currently in.

Some pics would be helpful mate.

Cyclone -