what do you feed your babies?

What do you feed your plants?

There's a truckload of gear for hydro, I can't find much on bush.

With using it have you noticed a difference in smell, taste and  yield?

Is it organic?

I was looking at uplift at bunnings organic liquid fertilizer.

As I'm still learning myself, so Im after all your knowledge :-)

Is there anything to stay away from?

Do you go off fruit or veggie or flower additives/fertilizer?

growing in some canna terra atm it's a peat moss mix with perlite and few other bits and peices.

i'm just currently using what the guy at the hydro shop recommended - Some "Canna Bio Vega / Flores" 

cant find anything on the offical canna site - probably not looking hard enough - quote from some random site about it.

edit yup not looking hard enough - http://www.biocanna.com/site/indexphp.php

BioVega, BioFlores are vegetable-based and do not contain any animal residual products. The main advantage of this is that the product's composition is much better tuned to the plant's needs.
An additional advantage is that the product cannot contain any animal pathogenic organisms, such as influenza viruses (for example chicken pest) that can be harmful to the health of humans.

BioVega has been developed especially for the plants' growth phase. BioVega is rich in highly absorbable betaine nitrogen that is released according to the plant's needs. The bioactive substances in BioVega stimulate the root development and the formation of strong growth shoots. This allows even the fastest growing plants to optimally start their blooming period.

first time using it so don't know how its gonna affect the plant for smell taste and yield.

1 part each easy to mix plants seem to love it.

Edited by The Stoned Jester

Hey Fuzzi,

Although you say you've found a truckload of hydro nutes and unsure what to feed outdoor plants, you can use hydro nutes.

The thing with hydro nutes is that they are a complete plant food. With hydro I use an inert medium, in my case perlite. There is no nutritional benefit from my medium at all. All the nutes come from the fluid.

My medium does not retain any of the nutrients or what it does hold, the heavy salts, I flush fortnightly to get rid of. I do this so the salt build up doesn't  burn my plants.

I flush onto my wife's outdoor garden, and the plants I flush onto LOVE it. Their growth has multiplied HUGELY. The wife was worried about the amount of water I was using in the flush but since she has seen the improvement in her herbs (for cooking), she has no problem with it at all, in fact now encourages me to flush lol

You ask what you should stay away from. There are chemicals out there called PGR's or plant growth regulators. There is a fair bit of info on ere about them, go have a look. PGR's are used lots by commercial growers cos they can harvest more often. But the health effects of PGR's and smoking haven't been documented very much at all. And most/all people in the know say "DONT".

You want something that covers everything the plant needs, a complete plant food, unless you can have your soil/medium scientifically tested for what it may be lacking. Now your soil will retain some of these salts so don't be using hydro nutes at full strength as this retention may cause burning, and not everyday, but dispersed with water in between. This will help reduce the salt problems.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

I flush onto my wife's outdoor garden, and the plants I flush onto LOVE it. Their growth has multiplied HUGELY. The wife was worried about the amount of water I was using in the flush but since she has seen the improvement in her herbs (for cooking), she has no problem with it at all, in fact now encourages me to flush lol

Merl1n

What do you mean by flushing? I've heard this term before but what exactly does it mean/do?

I'm assuming it's the process of getting the chemicals/fertilizer out of the soil before harvest? I'm probably completely wrong lol.

I've currently got my babies in a couple of pop plants awaiting them to sprout. In the pot plant I've put a good quality potting mix, dynamic lifter and blood & bone and mixed the soil all up, planted my germinated seeds and watered. Is that all I'm going to need or is there more I need to purchase? I'm new or gardening in particular, especially growing marijuana now lol. Hope everything turns out fine.

Hey Hunta,

Yea flushing is to remove the chemical salts from the medium, but you state ".....fertilizer out of the soil before harvest". I flush fortnightly thru both grow (18/6) and flower (12/12) then at the end of flowering I flush for 3 days minimum, usually 5 days, with straight pH adjusted water.

Now you say you are using Dynamic lifter and blood and bone on freshly germinated seeds. This maybe a little rich for seedlings. As the blood and bone and the lifter breakdown they can burn young seedlings depending on the concentration. I'm full hydro but with seedlings I use a 1/2 strength hydro nute mix to avoid any burning, then slowly increase the concentration of the nutes. These are some of my processes but you should be OK, the plant will tell you if there is something a miss ie Burnt tips or discoloured/pale leaves, slow/minimal growth. In which case flush and reduce the feeds. All will be fine.

Merl1n