• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics

Photo

Tap Timers

- - - - - Outdoor guerrilla growing watering systems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

gorillagrowa

gorillagrowa

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:None
Anyone used them? Rethinking my constant drip setup, root rots been playing on my mind, $24 from bunnings, battery operated, easy enough to set for a five minute flow every 24, 48 or 72 hours, I'll have to experiment a bit and suss the flow rates.

Any thoughts?

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

-RiverRat-

-RiverRat-

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 Posts:
  • Interests:Myself . I know this song is about me.
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: That fekin hot thing in the sky

Go for it howerver also consider induvidual drip rates while your at it for each of your plants needs.

- It's a growers life -

Stoned Offroad

Stoned Offroad

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

I've used those ones for my vegies in the hot house. They work fine but seem to go throught the 9V batteries pretty quick. I've been caught out a few times too as the LED display stays on but if there's not enough charge it won't open the solenoid to let the water flow.

tjiir

tjiir

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 Posts:

Sounds good mate.

flamstaa

flamstaa

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 Posts:
  • Interests:Flamming, Flanspliffling, footyballing
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Lighting: The MCG light towers with 1000w HPS

If your using a gravity system in the bush most tap timers don't work too well as they need mains pressure to operate properly. You need one that works on low/zero water pressure such as a gardenmate 2 dial timer easily availble on ebay. Bunnings dont stock any low pressure timers. I found this all out the hard way

MrCompletion

MrCompletion

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 Posts:
On this subject. A good little setup trick is run it into a watering can (or whatever u use to water with) to work out your time and flow rate. For example if you go through a 9 litre watering can for each water. You run your system until the watering can is full. This gives you a good gage on how much for how long once you have it in place. Tricky part is intervals as this ican be very dependent of weather. Unless your in a greenhouse where it's less impactful than full blown outdoor. Just my 2bob.

reflux 1

reflux 1

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: hid

R

reflux wanted to auto water to, and thought how to make a auto water feeder , and finally thought bird feeders must be a great start t to copy a bird water feeder, when birds drink it refills to the same water level,  and after trial and error he found  that Styrofoam boxes from woollies and  25l drums,  make a hole on the bottom the drum so 5ft of garden hose fits air tight, , then  make a hole halfway up the Styrofoam box, where you pots will sit,  and make a hole halfway up the styrine box to run garden hose from the drum through the Styrofoam boxes,  so it lays on the bottom of the Styrofoam box,  the 25l drum full with nute feed and cap it, again  it must be fully airtight to fill and seal   then raise the drum it 3-4 inches above the grow box,  and the drum fills the box up to just above the garden hose then stops,  when the plants drink it auto refills again of and on till dry till the drum is dry so after testing  the hydro grow reflux ended with was a polystyrene box with the lid,  one could fit 6 holes in the box lid so pots neatly fit in the holes in the lid which pretty much stopped evaporation with a seal unit for every little of water  used,  you get much more growth per litre then drip emitters or other outdoor gurilla methods,  since evaporation  and run off ,  which means less water needed to bring to the grow sight , you made and ended up fully seals unit,  so next to no evaporation which will  auto fed for about 3 months of growth,   and later found  out you can connect as many drums as you like to the polystyrene box to auto water for months and months and cost peanuts,,  reflux had 20 units running in a circle,  and when there you could here the plants drinking guzzle guzzle hear and guzzle guzzle there the as the units refiled all around me it was relay cool auto water system,  and was rely proud , i had a  hydro shop mate and the most sales were auto feed and what no, t he was rely tripped how such a simple way that cost peanuts that could replace a large amount of he soldso 

MoreBangForYaBuck

MoreBangForYaBuck

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000 HPS and The Sun

I was just in bunnings and saw these and wished they had them back in the day when i was growing out side.... they had them but they were shitty and nasty to work with..... the elements would destroy them pretty quick... but the ones they got at bunnings now for about $50 look very well designed

They are a great investment to limit you going to and from your patch but they chew batteries pretty quickly... also make sure you test you flow rates at home b4 putting it out in the grow

sunseeker

sunseeker

Harvesting

• 420 Crew
  • 490 Posts:
Thanks flamstaa will be giving the garden mate two dial timers a red hot crack this summer

Agez89

Agez89

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
How did you go sunseeker? Are they a success mate?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Outdoor, guerrilla growing, watering systems

Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Grow Fresh LED Grow Technology  "Moving into the future"
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.