Arizer solo - Any ways to overcome the difficult draw?

I was very unsatisfied with my new Solo late last year and purchased the PVHES straight shorty turbo from Planet Vape [couldn't find any other distributor] - it wasn't my first choice but at the time I ordered several of the other stems were out of stock.

There's definitely improved air flow but I still don't like the Arizer.  Much prefer my Life Saber except for the fact I can't take it outside!

Cost me $35US including postage.

Don't know about the cleaning of straight vs bent stems - haven't worked up sufficient enthusiasm for the Arizer to use it enough to get dirty yet!

Edited by crowsange

Also would anyone reccomened the straight or bent over another? I'm leaning towards straight because itll be much eaiser to clean but the bent ones do looks a bit cooler :pimp:

Both work fine for me but I prefer the bent one - I think it's a tiny bit longer air path and the bend probably makes a little vortex because vapour seems to cool and condense as brown goop with use in the outside of the elbow.

For anyone who cares, my 2c worth: pvhes stems allow air to leak at a fixed rate along small grooves down to mix with heated air flowing into the herb, so lowering the extraction temp while improving air flow.

You can easily add air at the other end (your lips) and improve the air flow with the stock stem by introducing an air leak between the stem and one corner of your lips.

While inhaling, try rotating your nose slowly 1/8 inch to the right while holding the solo and stem steady with both hands. As your nose moves right, the right side of your lip will leak air as it moves away from the stem.

You'll hear a hiss and feel an improved air flow, cooling/diluting the vapour.

Unlike the pvhes stems, you can vary the amount of leakage easily during the draw to suit your needs. I think the pvhes are great for medical users who just want it to work. For recreational and experimentally inclined medical users, the controlled air leak will help manage the inbuilt Solo resistance - it's deliberate to ensure even extraction temperature I think and won't suit everyone - but a little added air leakage might be enough to keep with it. I reckon it's a great piece of technology if you can live with the tight air flow..

slow and steady draws is the way to go. it wasn't designed to be pulled like a bong. very happy with my solo

Agreed - and the most recent models have a less restrictive air flow - but it definitely does not have the heating power of a good desktop vaporizer which can keep up with high air flow.

It sure works for me but as always, YMMV....