TASMANIA: outdoor gardeners

Hey guys, just wondering if there is anyone from tassie doing an outdoor grow this season like my self, would love to share and hear any advice you guys have,

To get it started, I'm doing a guerilla grow, with 3 bagseed and two fem clones from a mate, 2 bagseed have been sexed as female. I'm hoping to plant out end of September. Got a grow journal going on, "bush bagseed adventure" looking forward to seeing everyone's grows :)

Gotta love the outdoors!

hey guys 

I'm starting my first grow in this climate in the next couple of weeks and I'm expecting to need abit of a hand as well.

Although I'm a trained horticulturist with 10yrs in field and have run my own wholesale nursery for a number of years. This will be my first grow at this climate and was wondering if there is any strains that perform better down here. Going of everything else I've grown down here we will definitely have a contrast to my NSW set ups.

Thinking of starting a little early with some auto-fem white widow

that was my first choice to try, had alot of success with shark x white widow in NSW kept the one strain for 7yrs between me and a couple of friends someone always had some clones under lights.

Hey guys, just wondering if there is anyone from tassie doing an outdoor grow this season like my self, would love to share and hear any advice you guys have,

I will always choose to grow organically outside if possible so I've picked out a north facing spot and I'm itching to get going. As this is my first tassie grow when is a good time to put outside, these frosts I get don't bugger off till beginning of October and my hot house is to accessible to relatives and the kids So its outside in the paddocks maybe a bit of plastic to protect from frosts. 

thanks

PTR888

Hey Kkushmam, I think your headstart indoors is a good way to go... The cool weather can last deceptively long down here... I might follow your lead and get the kiwis started sooner while the poly tunnel is prepped... It should mediate any extreme weather. tempted to see what happens if I just let one go wild in a sunny corner somewhere though... How much feeding do you guys do for your outdoor grows?

Getting some solid compost cooking at the moment ready for spring. Will Probly rely on that + COF + dome fish for feeding the girls...

hey peoples! howzit going? quick update:

- no polytunnel etc, ended up doing semi-guerilla outdoor

- started the girls indoors, lost a couple of babies to chickens (one was heavily topped, but seems to have recovered)

- moved them all outdoors full time early December, they were intermittently moved in and out depending on the weather.

- no full sun, but in a good sheltered spot just inside some bush...

Whitewidow auto's x 2 - fucked up the transplanting, but they're flowering. Its been a couple of weeks, but i when I transplanted them, I lost a heap of roots... this might be stunting the growth a bit. They're only small (maybe 50cm tall), but seem to be producing some good stink. Getting some new growth now, and new stems / buds shooting out even now - could be the nutes. Probably should bust the new growth to encourage the existing flowers. Probably didn't give them enough nutes to begin with, plus the cold weather late last year didn't help. Would be best under lights. 

Two Pounder's x 3 - these got a bit of a dud start, but in the last couple of weeks are picking up well. They were over watered as babies, which seemed to stunt them pretty seriously. But with the warmer weather, some basic nutes, and a whole lot more sunshine in the last couple of weeks, things are looking up! I'm hoping they will go crazy over the next couple of weeks / months before the daylight switches...

Been watering them only once a week, maybe 10L per week between all 5, a bit more frequently with the hot weather. Using some liquid Powerfeed + Seasol, Neutrog pellets, and a bit of a top dressing with some bonemeal - the bonemeal has been great for the White Widow's.

Peace!