VICTORIA - outdoor growers. Post your 2013 preparations here

Ok so I've had 3 plants out in the yard for a month now and they've started flowering, growth has been very slow, they're not getting enough light, the weather has been dog shit, it's basically a disaster.

I would of waited until the weather got hotter but I had no room indoors for them so out they went. Fucking Melbourne weather.

Hey mate go to bunnings and buy some solar powered lights place them all around your plants so they get light all night take them away when ready. Or get couple high power dolphin torches wait for sun to go down wait couple hours go out shin the torches on them and wake her up. Need to do this every 3 hours couple of times to get her in veg. Like the 12-1 lighting method indoors, a plant takes 4 hours after lights out to be completely in sleep mode interrupt her before this time she stays awake for another 4 hours.

Haze

Man this is my first grow in Victoria..what a fucken waste of time.

Normally i would be vegging nice and high by this stage..nope my girls are still small and growth is so slowwww..when does the weather start to get good in Melbourn and when are we going to see a nice period of no rain, no fucken grey clouds and temps above 16-17 during the day?

Or is this typically melb weather?

Its pissed me off as i am now 1 monht behind schedule..and i just know my yeilds gonna be shit.

Why o why did i move to melbs!?

Man this is my first grow in Victoria..what a fucken waste of time.

Normally i would be vegging nice and high by this stage..nope my girls are still small and growth is so slowwww..when does the weather start to get good in Melbourn and when are we going to see a nice period of no rain, no fucken grey clouds and temps above 16-17 during the day?

Or is this typically melb weather?

Its pissed me off as i am now 1 monht behind schedule..and i just know my yeilds gonna be shit.

Why o why did i move to melbs!?

Im quite happy with my plants in Melbourne atm maybe you doing something wrong
  • Upvote 1

Plants are looking great here !

Definantly a slow start to the season but you wont be whinging in a few weeks (well that one guy probably will) 

Plenty of time left, lots of people plant out start of November round here and still get huge yeilds.

Good luck Vics, know this season wont dissapoint

Edited by dopedogg
  • Upvote 1

this is a pretty cool thread, i'm in central vic area, we've been getting a couple of sunny days then mad winds for a few days with occasional rain, it's very erratic, all my prep is done and i've just recently put the girls into the ground and because of the weather i haven't had to worry too much about watering. so far, but it's still early days yet.

one of my plants looks like it's started to preflower but i expect it to go back into veg as the days continue to get longer as has happened in the past, i think mainly because i always start them outside from day one around early sept.

while the weather may be pretty shitty so far i'm optimistic that there will be lots of smiles getting bigger and bigger on peoples faces during the summer months, good luck with your grow everyone, can't wait to read about them.

:yahoo: