Medicial Marijuana Thoughts

Dad1973

Question

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and rants on Marijuana for medical use.  I just watched the Woody Harrelson documentary and was astounded to hear that pre-1930's, Marijuana was prescribed by doctors for many ailments and that once the US removed alcohol prohibition, the bastards had nothing better to do than go after pot...then for some stupid reason the US convinces almost every other country to do the same thing...ridiculous considering I read nobody has ever died from overdosing on marijuana!  Alcohol takes and ruins so many lives.  One of my high school classmates was beheaded when he was drunk and slammed into a tree..   But the other guy in high school used to smoke pot with the school gardner and although the gardening shed had dangerous tools in it, they only ended up laughing, sharing stories and having a good time..

my other gripe is why the governments deem marijuana to have no medicinal therapeutic value...and why they wont let researchers have access to it to disprove the b/s...   I mean seriously, I have degeneratic arthritis...which means it is untreatable and progressivly gets worse...i spent 2 years on 200mg Tramadol daily and after a while i became used to it, making it innefective.  Nobody told me pot has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties..  nobody told me that pot actually inhibits cancer cells and destroys them...nobody told me that pot can help stop epilepsy seizures, or remove chronic anxiety or help alleviate major depression..or the use of CBD to treat my autistic brain to fill in the missing pieces that dont work properly...

I feel mad and majorly ripped off...  Big Pharma is probably behind all this.  Im guessing if people really knew the plant was a powerhouse of medicine the companies producing pills would be out of business..

so, once again, greed over the welfare of common people... 

Anyway, Im still researching, and have found that society have been brainwashed to think pot will send you crazy or ruin your life...and only now do i realize that the statement is true of a society without pot. 

Yeah, rant over, but will post here with more info as I find it.

(The silver lining here is that after years of chronic pain and various other ailments, im finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.)

Cheers

• Upvote 5

Poly arthritis (immune condition). Tramal, norgesic, meloxicam and weed... keeps things under control.

Interesting that you denounce canna as a beneficial treatment for the relief of pain when tens of thousands in the states are utilising concentrates for this very purpose. No offence implied here louise but if your canna isnt providing relief, find stronger shit. Concentrate.

• Downvote 6

Interesting that you denounce canna as a beneficial treatment for the relief of pain when tens of thousands in the states are utilising concentrates for this very purpose. No offence implied here louise but if your canna isnt providing relief, find stronger shit. Concentrate.

As an analgesic, for most people, cannabis does not provide direct pain relief, at best it assists, relaxes, or distracts.  I can't speak for Lou, but in my case all it does is assist with relaxation of the muscles, reducing pain intensity a little and aiding with faster muscle recovery as a result of that relaxation. 

As for the 10s of thousands in the states, that speaks of one of the problem with legalisation of medical cannabis.  You go to the doc to get the paperwork so you can access cannabis legally, you've got to give a reason.  Problem with this abuse of the system is that it interferes with processes and advancements for genuine medical users, and provides ammunition for anti pot campaigners and lobby groups.  The only answer to that is to also legalise recreational use.

Also, whilst hash and oils can give a better body stone, the balance of cannabinoids that produce different effects are more dependant on strain than strength or concentration.  At the end of the day we all have to find which strains and methods work best for us

• Upvote 4

I can only give my opinion from my own experience.. Ive not watched doco's, read papers, or are aware of much research happening..

I suffer crones... Once a week I would have horrible pains due to crones, which would stop me been able to function (eat, sleep, work, ect - simply impossible to acheive if i suffer a flare up)..

By chance I had a smoke during a flare up, and to my amazement, it was gone pretty bloody fast (instantly almost.. almost the major pain). Ive since continued to have 1 smoke in the day and 1 in the night, and I am almost pain free... Slight, minimal flares up occur, but they do not hinder my life, and I would compare them to been pricked by a needle... 

From my experience, I am appalled more research has not been done into pot... 

• Upvote 1

lol  Maybe you should pull your head out of your arse.

• Upvote 4

Would that mean i need to recognise the truth ? ..... the proof is in the pudding- havent you seen or heard from anybody who has been able to completely discontinue pain meds by utilising concentrates ? Maybe somebody should pull their head .....

My own anecdotal observations show that it depends on the type of pain, I get complete relief from IBS pain (stomach and bowel cramping), but not  from muscle pain (I have previously torn a gastroc muscle), , however cannabis use, sucsefully helped me to disregard muscle pain. All this means sweet fuck all though. Having seen or heard of, or even experienced yourself, to some extent..... means jack shit. What you need, to substantiate your claim of cannabis and pain relief, is actual research (the peer reviewed kind, not huffington post or news.com etc).Please provide some if you are so certain.

• Upvote 1