Medicial Marijuana Thoughts

Dad1973

Question

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and rants on Marijuana for medical use.  I just watched the Woody Harrelson documentary and was astounded to hear that pre-1930's, Marijuana was prescribed by doctors for many ailments and that once the US removed alcohol prohibition, the bastards had nothing better to do than go after pot...then for some stupid reason the US convinces almost every other country to do the same thing...ridiculous considering I read nobody has ever died from overdosing on marijuana!  Alcohol takes and ruins so many lives.  One of my high school classmates was beheaded when he was drunk and slammed into a tree..   But the other guy in high school used to smoke pot with the school gardner and although the gardening shed had dangerous tools in it, they only ended up laughing, sharing stories and having a good time..

my other gripe is why the governments deem marijuana to have no medicinal therapeutic value...and why they wont let researchers have access to it to disprove the b/s...   I mean seriously, I have degeneratic arthritis...which means it is untreatable and progressivly gets worse...i spent 2 years on 200mg Tramadol daily and after a while i became used to it, making it innefective.  Nobody told me pot has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties..  nobody told me that pot actually inhibits cancer cells and destroys them...nobody told me that pot can help stop epilepsy seizures, or remove chronic anxiety or help alleviate major depression..or the use of CBD to treat my autistic brain to fill in the missing pieces that dont work properly...

I feel mad and majorly ripped off...  Big Pharma is probably behind all this.  Im guessing if people really knew the plant was a powerhouse of medicine the companies producing pills would be out of business..

so, once again, greed over the welfare of common people... 

Anyway, Im still researching, and have found that society have been brainwashed to think pot will send you crazy or ruin your life...and only now do i realize that the statement is true of a society without pot. 

Yeah, rant over, but will post here with more info as I find it.

(The silver lining here is that after years of chronic pain and various other ailments, im finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.)

Cheers

• Upvote 5

after ordering seeds, particularly as someone suggested White Rhino as an extremely good pain reliever, I noticed Bonza get their WR from Greenhouse seeds.  http://bonzaseeds.com/products.php?product=White-Rhino-Feminised-Cannabis-Seeds  Now, Ive been doing some reading about smoke reports etc and have come to realize that not all seedbanks have the same type of White Rhino.  From reviews it says that Mr. Nice seedbank has the only true 'white rhino', which he bred and has renamed it 'medicine man'  I had no idea that certain seedbanks had different types of seeds with the same name.  Anyway, Mr. Nice 'medicine man'...aka white rhino can be purchased through seedsman.  heres the link  http://www.seedsman.com/en/medicine-man-seeds   from hours of research, Ive discovered this particular strain is the holy grail of pain relief.  which for medical use is awesome news.  Here is the Mr.Nice site with info. http://mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=29

Here is some more info  http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Medicine_Man/Mr_Nice_Seedbank/

I dont know if seedsman will get to lower OZ, but Im more than willing to try them.  If this is the bee's knees of pain strains, theres no harm in trying I guess.

Found out why Mr.Nice, aka Shantibaba, has the purest form, seems there was a falling out at a previous seedbank and he took the cream of the crop genetics.

cheers.

you will find what you want at the best price at the link im providing. buying direct from shantibaba. there are new auctions put up every couple of days if what you want isnt there today. stealth is good.

there are better options for pain relief though. shanti is one of the heads behind the cbd crew and those strains are high cbd directed at pain relief etc. they are also available through the auction site

http://www.mrnice.nl/auctions/index.php

"Mr. Nice" isn't Shantibaba... Mr. Donald Nice was a name used by Howard Marks during his career as a hash smuggler. While Shantibaba is a collector/breeder who turned up on the Amsterdam scene in the early 1990's.

Try not to be too gullible.

Mr nice is just the name of the seedbank. shantibaba does run the seedbank though.

There are 3 names behind the Mr Nice Seedbank and Research... Shantibaba (collector/breeder earlier of GHS), Howard Marks (convicted hash smuggler) and Neville Schoenmaker (early collector/breeder, who sold up his seed interests in the late 1980's).

There is some debate as whether or not Neville Schoenmaker is actively involved with MNS or whether he just lends his name to up the street cred of the organisation.

• Upvote 1

I looked at the Name Shantibaba and saw the affiliation with Mr.Nice.  Have noted that Medicine Man seeds can be obtained through what seems to be, according to Mr.Nice seebank site, a couple of 'approved' seedbanks too.  Im not great with auctions, so I guess at a later stage I'll get some.  Great info there, thanks.

Also, have been reading, slowly, about a US strain bred in the 70's that was specifically for cancer patient pain.  The little I have found out has suggested the plant was stronger than morphein as a pain reliever.  Now, thats just madness.

Cheers for the info.

Yeah it probably is madness seeing as morphine and cannabis effect different receptors in the brain... although cannabis is a good adjunct to oral morphine therapy. Particularly in end stage, sufferers can find that morphine becomes less effective at managing pain as the opiate receptors get overloaded. Cannabis at this point, and pretty much any variety with 8% THC, has quite a dramatic impact on quality of life.

I'm with kids at moment all sick with flu.. I'll keep it short, but just have a burning question at the moment.

I have a literally bedridden friend who has full blown CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have done some research, but can't find a huge amount of indication as to what strains would alleviate his fatigue and give him some energy. If there is anyone with and info on this, I'd be more than happy to listen.

One post I did read of was someone suggesting Jack Herer for the muscle fatigue and cramping.

Which is good news as I just got a lovely Bonzaseeds package with 2 of them in the mix.

I nearly freaked out when I opened the package. Thought the company must have ripped me off and had sent me a big FU instead...lol

10 mins later I realized all was more than good, and my journey to a less painful life had begun.

Thanks for all the invaluable info and thanks to Bonzaseeds. I'm truly grateful I found this site.

Cheers till later. Have more to write about my research into medical benefits, but need to go get some cough syrup. It sounds like we have 4 geese in the house.

Cheers

There is some debate as whether or not Neville Schoenmaker is actively involved with MNS or whether he just lends his name to up the street cred of the organisation.

Hey Lou, is that the same Neville associated with the Nevilles Haze? Seen pics in High Times back issues, regardless, all these breeders are legendary:-)

Have been continuing my research and found this lengthy page of testimonials from people that have turned to cannabis for their medical problems. http://www.benefitsofmarijuana.com/testimonials.php. I've read about half, but seems a running thread that Pharma pills don't always work. Personally, I was on 200mg Tramadol daily for 2 years and it seemed to help somewhat with the pain and lethargy of Spondylitis, though I slowly stopped when I found out long term use can lead to blindness...

Also just watched the Tommy Chong Documentary and some of the Rick Simson one too. Then I read that Tommy had prostrate cancer and Rick's oils put him into remission! As a newb, and having believed the media's lies about just how 'harmful' marijuana is, this journey of research has opened my eyes. The entire world has been lied to. Like a big freaky X-Files episode. It's a slap in the face to me as I've been in extreme pain for the last 10 years, not to mention crippling clinical depression and anxiety... Then, after all the damn pills with side effects, pills that don't really work..I find out that there is a natural alternative that has helped people and in a lot of cases more effective than any synthetic pills. Ok, that's just my thoughts at the moment. Have been on a damn steep learning curve though. Most of the seeds I ordered, for their pain-relieving and anti-anxiety/depression qualities, well, I had no idea different seed banks had different versions of the same strain. Which is no biggie, but I will just have to make sure when I order next, I pick the right strains from the right seed banks. I.e.- got Greenhouse Jack Herer feminised when I should have picked Sensi regular Jack Herer.

I'm reading that the Sensi (hope that was right one) JH is the medical true strain and GHS is a slightly different plant. This could all be wrong on my part, but I did see somewhere that GHS said JH himself actually let them use his name on their version. Don't know, am reading a helluva lot lately, might be confused. Regardless, I now have 8 types of seeds and there will have to be relief from pain in heir somewhere:). Now off to work out how to germinate. Bought Yates Seedling Mix, will get started tonite.

Cheers everyone.

Hey Lou, is that the same Neville associated with the Nevilles Haze? Seen pics in High Times back issues, regardless, all these breeders are legendary:-)

Yes, that is Neville of Neville's Haze.

Personally, I was on 200mg Tramadol daily for 2 years and it seemed to help somewhat with the pain and lethargy of Spondylitis, though I slowly stopped when I found out long term use can lead to blindness...

Actually, if you are going to experience changes in vision by using tramadol (as 0.2% of users do) it will occur within the first 1-6 months of use and is fully reversible by discontinuing treatment.

I find out that there is a natural alternative that has helped people and in a lot of cases more effective than any synthetic pills.

Personally, I find some of the claims a bit of a stretch... no amount of weed (and I have had some pretty good weed over the years) could take the place of my, twice daily, 200mg tramadol. Granted if I smoke in the morning I may forget my pills... for a while, but by mid afternoon the rising pain levels remind me of the ommission.

I'm reading that the Sensi (hope that was right one) JH is the medical true strain and GHS is a slightly different plant.

Sensi's JH is used in the Dutch Mediwiet programme, so yeah, you could call it a 'true medical strain'. GHS on the other hand is god only knows what... it's a fairly recent release but maybe someone on the forum has tried this strain and will post a comment.

This could all be wrong on my part, but I did see somewhere that GHS said JH himself actually let them use his name on their version.

lol lol That bit I know is bullshit. As far as cannabis strains go the name 'Jack Herer' is a registered trademark owned by SensiSeeds. You'll see a lot of plants bearing Sensi trademarked names, but that is only because Sensi don't take legal action over TM infringments. Seeing the copies as a form of flattery rather than anything else.

There is a lot of stuff on the net about cannabis... most of it is crap, but it can be hard to sort the shit from the clay sometimes. Keep reading, but do try and practice a bit of critical thinking along the way.

Now off to work out how to germinate. Bought Yates Seedling Mix, will get started tonite.

Cheers everyone.

All the best for germination, lou :gardening:

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 1

Burner, will take your advice and also read up on the forum here. Cheers.

Louise, you must be in a lot of pain for that much Tramadol. What do you have? I hope at least the pot takes the edge off.

Ahh, so next time, I'll be getting Sensi Jack Herer then. I'm trying my best to sort out what is real and what is hype, but slowly I'll get there. Thanks for your invaluable info. Oh, and put 28 seeds between wet tissue paper, put on plate with saucepan of regularly replaced warm water underneath, then put a little foil ontop. Last nite the Xbox 360 vents kept everything warm...lol.

Cheers Louise:)