Medicial Marijuana Thoughts

Dad1973

Question

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and rants on Marijuana for medical use.  I just watched the Woody Harrelson documentary and was astounded to hear that pre-1930's, Marijuana was prescribed by doctors for many ailments and that once the US removed alcohol prohibition, the bastards had nothing better to do than go after pot...then for some stupid reason the US convinces almost every other country to do the same thing...ridiculous considering I read nobody has ever died from overdosing on marijuana!  Alcohol takes and ruins so many lives.  One of my high school classmates was beheaded when he was drunk and slammed into a tree..   But the other guy in high school used to smoke pot with the school gardner and although the gardening shed had dangerous tools in it, they only ended up laughing, sharing stories and having a good time..

my other gripe is why the governments deem marijuana to have no medicinal therapeutic value...and why they wont let researchers have access to it to disprove the b/s...   I mean seriously, I have degeneratic arthritis...which means it is untreatable and progressivly gets worse...i spent 2 years on 200mg Tramadol daily and after a while i became used to it, making it innefective.  Nobody told me pot has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties..  nobody told me that pot actually inhibits cancer cells and destroys them...nobody told me that pot can help stop epilepsy seizures, or remove chronic anxiety or help alleviate major depression..or the use of CBD to treat my autistic brain to fill in the missing pieces that dont work properly...

I feel mad and majorly ripped off...  Big Pharma is probably behind all this.  Im guessing if people really knew the plant was a powerhouse of medicine the companies producing pills would be out of business..

so, once again, greed over the welfare of common people... 

Anyway, Im still researching, and have found that society have been brainwashed to think pot will send you crazy or ruin your life...and only now do i realize that the statement is true of a society without pot. 

Yeah, rant over, but will post here with more info as I find it.

(The silver lining here is that after years of chronic pain and various other ailments, im finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.)

Cheers

• Upvote 5

Doc Who got me looking at a topic I found interesting, the Hunter Valley Cannabis Infestation!
While looking into it and its story I found so much information I honestly feel is hidden from public history or at least education. Like did you know you could actually buy Cannabis "cigarettes" over the counter in Australia? I didnt...

"From 1840 to the early 1900s, Australians used cannabis as a medicinal herb and Cigares de Joy (cannabis cigarettes) were sold over the counter.[4]"

Source:: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Valley_cannabis_infestation

So yeah, I see it as a few things keeping us from having a reform. Big Pharma are always an issue, it requires the government to say that they were wrong/sorry and to undo the changes (how long did that take regarding the aboriginals?) and it effectively means they'd have to re-educate the country and admit to influencing them with misinformation and scare tactics.

Sadly I think by the time some change happens we will be the old fogies talking about how tough it was back in our day while our grand kiddies are sitting there smoking their legal store-bought cannabis cigarettes 

G'day D73, nobody told you because nobody understood. I've smoked for a long time, has only been the last five years that have given me a better appreciation of the medical benefits cannabis offers in relation to a number of illnesses.

I still meet stoners today that have no clue as to the magnitude of what cannabis can offer to aid our race, in essence it is truly a 'wonder drug.'

But in reality, it is just a plant, and the right to grow said plant should be everyone's. The fact that it has been demonised, and used as a tool to persecute and prosecute minorities deemed 'undesirable' in society, is the real reason why nobody told you. Now that you know, welcome to the age of enlightenment:-)

Hi Dad1973, Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a Mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

It's Medical Cannabis 

:peace: MongyMan

...heya Mongy yeah, its sure is an unkind slag off on Mexican-Americans and Afro-Americans and Indigenous Americans and the Chinese Americans were all made to look like messed up drug fiends with no skills or humanity-they showed us it in school and we're like lol to my brothers and sisters w/different colour skin.  sz baked ramble :peace:  S'what happens when a country gets fat and forgets to think and give thanks.  Oh, do the Greens support a hemp industry if anyone know?  Kinda brumby to be hugging trees instead of planting cannabis.

Peace be in you. v :sun: :bonghit:

OK my 10cents worth.

Cannabis is the hemp plant

During the war many U.S. farmers were ordered to grow hemp to make ropes for the ships 

post-24238-0-51771300-1375283476_thumb.gif

But Marijuana was foreign, from the Mexican Spanish marihuana, and the Federal U.S. Govt didn't ban hemp, hemp production was pivotal to the war effort, they banned the a foreign Dangerous Drug 'marihuana'. It was the stuff those mad Mexicans smoked, "Quick, Ban it"

Then came the propaganda 'The Evil Weed'. There are  documentaries,  One is called 'The Terrible Truth' from 1951

post-24238-0-51349900-1375284398_thumb.gifpost-24238-0-97901700-1375284675_thumb.jpg

post-24238-0-24763200-1375285254_thumb.jpgpost-24238-0-19743100-1375286514_thumb.jpgpost-24238-0-99718000-1375286571_thumb.jpg

Here is another little write up

Why pot is illegal.doc

Merl1n

post-24238-0-24055200-1375285295_thumb.jpg

Edited by merl1n

Merl1n, those pictures are gold:)

I've been downloading, reading, researching and frankly it seems that as far as a 'wonder drug' goes, cannabis plant is the only thing that can even be close to that title. The most inspiring thing is reading how people in serious pain or other medical problems describe how pot has literally changed their lives for the better. The news never shows these people, but prefers to show the 0.001 percent of psychotic episode victims who would have exploded even if the joint were filled with basil or sage anyway.

The medical history is just amazing. I'm still looking into it.

Read about a 'study' done with pot and depression. There were 3 different trials done and the 'results' were that there is no benefit.

Happened to read the comments and one guy wrote that the studies only used 1 type of weed and that had they taken any of the 6500 medical strains into account, the results would be very different.

Learning new things every day. Weed for medicine is probably the most beneficial treatment of mankinds ailments since the discovery of penicillin.

Cheers, and thanks for the replies:)

Almost forgot...read about the Iranian? Or maybe Egyptian Army allowing its troops to some weed because of stress and PTSD.

Edited by Dad1973

Have been looking into the 'danger' of cannabis and found these.  I'm guessing most of you already know this, or have seen these before, but they just blew my mind.  it's like, researching and chatting with people ive discovered a sinister and worldwide conspiracy.  not in a paranoid way, but in a 'coverup' way.  The use of hemp for oil, textiles and thousands of other things is also another area im reading about.  Guess the oil companies dont want any competition, so they lobbied to outlaw hemp...  cheers.

post-51728-0-30184700-1375662907_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-85532000-1375662941_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-40206800-1375662972_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-38417900-1375662992_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-43306400-1375663011_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-84447200-1375663026_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-02041500-1375663057_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-10703500-1375663076_thumb.jpg

post-51728-0-38970300-1375663106_thumb.png

after ordering seeds, particularly as someone suggested White Rhino as an extremely good pain reliever, I noticed Bonza get their WR from Greenhouse seeds.  http://bonzaseeds.com/products.php?product=White-Rhino-Feminised-Cannabis-Seeds  Now, Ive been doing some reading about smoke reports etc and have come to realize that not all seedbanks have the same type of White Rhino.  From reviews it says that Mr. Nice seedbank has the only true 'white rhino', which he bred and has renamed it 'medicine man'  I had no idea that certain seedbanks had different types of seeds with the same name.  Anyway, Mr. Nice 'medicine man'...aka white rhino can be purchased through seedsman.  heres the link  http://www.seedsman.com/en/medicine-man-seeds   from hours of research, Ive discovered this particular strain is the holy grail of pain relief.  which for medical use is awesome news.  Here is the Mr.Nice site with info. http://mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=29

Here is some more info  http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Medicine_Man/Mr_Nice_Seedbank/

I dont know if seedsman will get to lower OZ, but Im more than willing to try them.  If this is the bee's knees of pain strains, theres no harm in trying I guess.

Found out why Mr.Nice, aka Shantibaba, has the purest form, seems there was a falling out at a previous seedbank and he took the cream of the crop genetics.

cheers.