3Grows per bulb MH and HPS

No its true. Digital ballasts arent as good as all the early hype. In fact in most cases your better off running magnetic ballasts. Digital ballasts kill lamps. When used with proper digital lamps they excel but if your running standard lamps your better off spending half the money and getting mag ballasts.

Mag ballasts are more reliable too in my opinion. I havnt had to replace a mag yet and I have one I bought in the 90's yet I have replaced 2 digi ballasts after only 2 yrs

I just want to throw in that lumatek digi-ballasts wont work with son t's! (worked a-ok with a lucagrow HPS)

They switch off with the timer but won't strike on every time - I had two crops go herm cos of this.

I agree with the marketing being bad. it was a long time before i found any good info on the subject and it should have been advertised as such i believe.

And they run HOT!

- would be cool if someone could do a test as louise suggested.  

• Upvote 1

i was actually having loads of problems with 600w son-t agro's not lasting more than one grow on my digi ballast which is what led me to look more into it.

as i stated earlier digi's arent all they are cracked up to be. some of the newer ones are getting better but you are best off running digi lamps with them.

when looking at a comparison of a lumatek ballast vs magnetic there really isnt a lot of difference. usually around 100lumens which is negligable and an electricity bill saving of around .1 to .3 cents an hour.

dont get me wrong im not anti digi in fact i just this week purchased a brand spanker in the form of the new solis tek 1000w i will however be running it with either solis tek lamps or perhaps sun pulse (i have been hearing a few bad things about sun pulse lamps though) either way i will be running high frequency digi lamps.