I would not go with the advice of going to 12/12 then switching back . Bad idea imo

Just wait , between 5-8 weeks from seed if growing indoors  ,  use google to  search for pics of early pre flowers (so you know what to look for) and get a magnifying glass to help get a good look at the pre flowers developing at the nodes  , look from about 4-5 node up . I just did this and it worked out well , no rooting around just need a little patience .

Edited by Badseed77
  • Upvote 1

sexing marijuana plants is not quite easy for new growers. it's one of the trickiest parts when growing cannabis. however, this is very impt. so you can weed out the males in the garden before they pollinate the females.you can sex the plants by observing the growth pattern. clue: males are leggier while females are squatter with more leaves

lol, if you are veging a plant for any fair ammount of time (like if you wanted to harvest a decent sized plant) theres no need to 'sex em' .... they generally pre-flower and are easily distinguishable ....google image that shit. the growth pattern of the male is easily distinguishable if you are growing a group of the one variety .... the normal conventional 'sexing' is a waste of time.... and is redundant imo. each to their own though i guess.

pea's.

Edited by RadiateLight

identifying the sex of the marijuana plant takes a subtle attention but uick action to avoid pollination that would affect the potency of the female buds.  to determine the sex, look at the growth patterns.

also, take note that most males mature faster than female marijuana plants and while males have flowers, the female plants produce pistils which change in color once they're ready for harvest.

:) :)

I would not go with the advice of going to 12/12 then switching back . Bad idea imo

Just wait , between 5-8 weeks from seed if growing indoors  ,  use google to  search for pics of early pre flowers (so you know what to look for) and get a magnifying glass to help get a good look at the pre flowers developing at the nodes  , look from about 4-5 node up . I just did this and it worked out well , no rooting around just need a little patience .

if u read

i reckomend putting the rooting clones on 12/12

to identify and sex the plants

then once identified u can either kill or continue with the original clone bearer

ive grown plants and they havent shown sex on 18/6 light at all

not till they been flowered

all the best

bil

• Upvote 2