taking some leaves off to allow more light

hey guys and girls im nealy 2 weeks into 12/12 this Saturday and was wondering if anyone else here has pulled a heap of leaf of there plant to let more light to the bud sites. I should of done in while there where in veg but didn't just wondering if it would affect the plants in any way like stalling flowering ect thanks :bonghit:

Great post Stix I have trimmed a couple but am a bit scared lol  I have only taken a couple big fan leaves off?  I'll be pickin off any forthcoming guidance myself1

Thank for asking a question I thought about but was a bit timid to ask don't ask me why lol

Peace to ya. v :sun:

Great post Stix I have trimmed a couple but am a bit scared lol  I have only taken a couple big fan leaves off?  I'll be pickin off any forthcoming guidance myself1

Thank for asking a question I thought about but was a bit timid to ask don't ask me why lol

Peace to ya. v :sun:

hey vinno I know what ya mean bout asking but if ya don't ask ya will never find out. I want to take a heap of leaf off to let in  more light to the bud sites but I don't want to shock the plant at all or stall flowering as im in a rental. hopefully someone can help. :twiddle:

It will shock the plant and stall flowering imo

I've removed large amounts of leaf when doing scrog but only what was below the screen and not necessary for the scrog. I wouldn't do it in any other situation but that's just me.

Maybe put some pics up so we can see how crowded it is?

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 3

I've removed large amounts of leaf when doing scrog but only what was below the screen and not necessary for the scrog. I wouldn't do it in any other situation but that's just me.

hey naycha thanks for poping in I will put a couple of pics up tonight when lights go on. plants were vegged to long and things have got crazy my fault though :bonghit:

Hey Stix

Im in total agreeance with Nay here.

I only do SCROG and I strip all under growth below my SCROG netting. The main stems have no undergrowth in my SCROG, but I do not remove any leaf from above the netting. If the plant doesn't need it then the leaf will die IMHO, then I remove it.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 3

Hi Guys,

Im no expert, but from what ive read from the sources i trust, is that the leaves that are grown in vege are like huge food

storage tanks for the plant when its in flower, the plant then uses the stored energy in the leaves to produce big fat buds, picking

the leaves off would effect yield in a negative way.. this is demonstrated in the last weeks of flower when the leaves are sucked dry

of sugars and go yellow.. this a natural part of the life cycle of cannabis.

And saying that the leaves must have ample light to photosynthesize the stored energy, so it would be right to do as Nay  and

Merlin do and remove leaves from under a canopy..  in the case of a scrog or similar types of growing techniques.

I hope this makes sence, sometimes my ramblings dont. lol

Vape for life 

Peace..

• Upvote 3

Gday Stix, in agreement with Sir Vapealot. Leave the leaves for the flowers to feed. Looking at your jungle, It might be an idea to start at the base of the plant, and completely remove any suckering limbs/ branches that are struggling for light. This way, the plant can focus all energies into the colas that are exposed to the light, and it will also help with airflow through the canopy, lowering the chance of botritis.( bud rot ).
  • Upvote 4

thanks for the reply I appreciate it. heres a couple pics of the over grown  jungle

attachicon.gif017.JPG

attachicon.gif022.JPG

my head hasn't really been with this grow iv had a lot goin on

lol...thought the closet was crowded-dontcha just wish you could let em go nuts! :twiddle:

Thanks for all the replies I ain't gonna chop any more unless they are yellow.

Cheers for the post Stix :thumbsup:

Peace. v :sun: