Hydroponic produce

Looking good, nice produce. One question though, why have a you got a clown with a hook through it as your avatar pic?

I don't mean to be offensive but don't you think it's a bit of a brutal insult to certain members and sponsor affiliates of this site. Obviously that's the intention, or correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyhow, don't mind me.  :peace:

Edited by Flying_Dutchman

Thought I'd post some pics of the herbs in their new home, the flowering room. Wanted to fill up the space, bit of herb, bit of herbs, make it a real herb garden. Keeping a watch on them at the moment, its now 1000w in there, but they are positioned more under the 400w cool tube, and doing well:-)post-50453-0-82273800-1370840646_thumb.jpgpost-50453-0-31349000-1370840677_thumb.jpgpost-50453-0-09964800-1370840705_thumb.jpg

On a bit of a down note, only one tomato seed has popped at the moment, not even a stir in the capsicum or leek starter pots. Will give them another ten or so days before I discard and attempt to strike some more. But, one tomato is one tomato, and that's good enough reason to smile, trying to decide whether to go hydroponic, using Bato boxes, (forgot how versatile Bato's were:-)), or sticking to blended soils. I'm leaning more toward hydro at the moment, have even been thinking of going back to school, literally, and doing some sort of horticultural course. I think I may have picked up the bug!

Note: Dill doesn't like hps. Have had to put it back under the cfl, too intense in the flowering room, but everything else is doing just fine. Had a second tomato seed pop, but still no action from the leek or capsicum yet, will be putting some more seed in jiffy pots, just to see if peat performs better than seed mix for striking the seeds.

May even start up some Coleus this time as well, been keen on getting a few pots going since I bought the seed, just haven't gotten around to it yet, might be time:-) Weather is getting worse outside, good opportunity to focus on the indoor garden methinks, although there is not much more for me to do other than grow my plants.

Temperatures are averaging around 26° lights on, 20° off, humidity is sitting at 36%, two oscillating fans, one blowing horizontal, the other blowing down from above the lights, constant intake of fresh air, believe me, its not only the plants that are loving the new room:-) Till next time, may all your seeds strike, and all your clones stay true:-)post-50453-0-02540200-1371351565_thumb.jpgpost-50453-0-20812100-1371351589_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I spent a few years working on my mate hydro like cucumber tomato and short turn over leafy plants like fancy lettuces. Was a great learning experience. To make good money you need to grow what the market wants. We had 12 green houses nft fancy lettuce and run to waste tomato and cucumbers all grown in season under our sun.

Broccoli heads do well indoors and out in smallish pots. Mushrooms if u invest properly can turn a profit and something I put some brain time into a whole back. Being a seedling wholesaler of good genetics people want is a fast then around with little waste.

• Upvote 1

post-50453-0-46804100-1371724299_thumb.jpg First of the fruit on the chilli plant:-) I now have one capsicum seedling and two tomatoes to nurture, and the first of the flower seedlings have been sown. Herbs smell awesome, taste awesome and were awesome to watch grow, but with all I have going on, looks like they may be going outside soon. Will see what happens:-) post-50453-0-31994000-1371724323_thumb.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Just thought I'd let you know that because of this thread I've planted some seeds in my drobe. Hoping to make use of the extra space I have at the moment to either grow some vegies up until Harvest, I need the space or the season outside becomes correct (whatever comes first)

But I've already found growing has gotten me into more gardening related stuff anyway and I already have some stuff growing outside that I use my nute runoff on and I've got some aquaponic stuff going on too.

I really love that growing an illicit drug is making me become a more well rounded person and I'm picking up all these good and green habits along the way. I now garden, raise fish, think about my waste alot more and spend more time in the sun doing physical things... It sure is a gateway drug isn't it!